I really should visit here more often (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Peter has been helpful to many of us on this site at no gain to himself. I live in North Yorkshire and his helph as been invaluable and i live over 300 miles from him so no £gain to him. Power to your elbow Peter. :thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wupert

Free Member
Sep 22, 2009
S Wales and Austria
Funster No
Exp
25 plus
Wupert, It is this comment that concerns me.....why use an alias?

I did not use an alias

I posted on MHF as Wupert that I was interested in an Augusta MH on a Peugeot or Auto Fiat and asked if anyone had any info

I had a PM within hours inviting me to contact JC which I did

They told me there was no problem with Fiats it was all down to the drivers

We now know as I did then this was not the case

But I'm not trying to sell MH's on the net

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
one does not waste time on mercenaries like your self

Top stuff Peter anything to make a buck

Wupert, we don't do name calling or character assassination here. Dealer reviews go into the review section. Thanks

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I did not use an alias
I posted on MHF as Wupert that I was interested in an Augusta MH on a Peugeot or Auto Fiat and asked if anyone had any info
I had a PM within hours inviting me to contact JC which I did
They told me there was no problem with Fiats it was all down to the drivers
We now know as I did then this was not the case
But I'm not trying to sell MH's on the net

Better go moan at Marquis then, nothing to do with me, you bought it from them, didnt you have a test drive?

Peter

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Hi Wupert

I am here as well. I promise not to argue with you on here. Even when you are wrong !!

:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Peter has been helpful to many of us on this site at no gain to himself. I live in North Yorkshire and his helph as been invaluable and i live over 300 miles from him so no £gain to him. Power to your elbow Peter. :thumb:

I myself have asked Peter via pm for advice or help more than one once he has always been polite helpful and knowledgeable, I have never met Peter or spent any money with him as i do not live anywhere near but would use his services if I did.Please may I take this opportunity to say thanks to Peter for his help in the past:thumb:

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
I myself have asked Peter via pm for advice or help more than one once he has always been polite helpful and knowledgeable, I have never met Peter or spent any money with him as i do not live anywhere near but would use his services if I did.Please may I take this opportunity to say thanks to Peter for his help in the past:thumb:

There is no doubt that Peter has helped not only on this forum but also MHF however in this instance Wupert is correct as it is a fact that Peter has stated in the past that his drivers have never had any problem reversing a Fiat van.
The only possible reason that this is so, if it is correct, is that they are reversing an empty van, on tarmac and can fully release the clutch.
In the past I have challenged him to try to reverse a fully loaded van onto a campsite pitch either on grass or gravel.
In this matter Peter is the same as all the other dealers I have spoken to in that they deny that there is a problem.

Mike

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
There is no doubt that Peter has helped not only on this forum but also MHF however in this instance Wupert is correct as it is a fact that Peter has stated in the past that his drivers have never had any problem reversing a Fiat van.
The only possible reason that this is so, if it is correct, is that they are reversing an empty van, on tarmac and can fully release the clutch.
In the past I have challenged him to try to reverse a fully loaded van onto a campsite pitch either on grass or gravel.
In this matter Peter is the same as all the other dealers I have spoken to in that they deny that there is a problem.
Mike

Hi Mike,

I can truthfully say that I have never had a problem with judder on the X250 chassis,
yes we do have a tarmac surface, but we service customers vans that come in for service fully loaded without a problem.

I have a gravel drive at home that goes up hill, no problems experienced. Yes its is possible to get judder if you rev the engine and slip the clutch, answer is to let the clutch out first then apply throttle, both forwards and reverse although reverse is quite fast enough.

Peter

OP
OP
W

Wupert

Free Member
Sep 22, 2009
S Wales and Austria
Funster No
Exp
25 plus
Hi Mike,

I can truthfully say that I have never had a problem with judder on the X250 chassis,
yes we do have a tarmac surface, but we service customers vans that come in for service fully loaded without a problem.

I have a gravel drive at home that goes up hill, no problems experienced. Yes its is possible to get judder if you rev the engine and slip the clutch, answer is to let the clutch out first then apply throttle, both forwards and reverse although reverse is quite fast enough.

Peter

So Fiat are spending loads of money to fix a problem that doesnt exist :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tell that to Stottard:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Please be so kind as to copy this post this on his thread on MHF

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
Aint it time you girls took your argument back to where you started it (Motorhomefights.com):winky:

I joined this forum only the other day, trying to get away from all your bitching:whistle:

Alan H

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Personally I have always thought Peter a valued member of this and other forums.

What I am more concerned about is the amount of posts that have recently appeared over here attempting to be controversial and or start a them and us debate.

so again as far as Im concerned
THERE IS NO THEM AND US. MANY USE BOTH SITES AND ENJOY IT SO, ITS JUST THIS ONE IS THE BEST::bigsmile:

OP
OP
W

Wupert

Free Member
Sep 22, 2009
S Wales and Austria
Funster No
Exp
25 plus
Aint it time you girls took your argument back to where you started it (Motorhomefights.com):winky:

I joined this forum only the other day, trying to get away from all your bitching:whistle:

Alan H

Alan please check out me introducing myself

Because of my name and my honesty I was immediately on this thread targeted by JC and his acolytes

I didnt come here to argue but as a nearly 70 year old I will always stand my corner especially if it is for the benefit of others.

OP
OP
W

Wupert

Free Member
Sep 22, 2009
S Wales and Austria
Funster No
Exp
25 plus
Personally I have always thought Peter a valued member of this and other forums.

What I am more concerned about is the amount of posts that have recently appeared over here attempting to be controversial and or start a them and us debate.

so again as far as Im concerned
THERE IS NO THEM AND US. MANY USE BOTH SITES AND ENJOY IT SO, ITS JUST THIS ONE IS THE BEST::bigsmile:

So why has Johns Cross Peter targeted me on here

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10

Because of my name and my honesty I was immediately on this thread targeted by JC and his acolytes

I didnt come here to argue but as a nearly 70 year old I will always stand my corner especially if it is for the benefit of others.

But just what is your benefit for others?
So not all fiats go backwards very well? yep we all know that and the problem as you say is being and has been rectified?

Yes JC probably told you the same line as Fiat told him and others and they still stick by that. Many do not have problems reversing there fiats and actually love them, so whats to say that what your told is incorrect?
so please tell us how you posts are going to benefit others. :thumb:

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off

My post was directed at both of you

But you did come on here stating you were "getting fed up with the Dealer input and control of that site." Most likely knowing Peter posted on here as well

Its interesting that you have not carried on your argument on Facts for over 24 hrs now , but have instead decided to bring your dirty washing over here:restmycase:

Alan H

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Bad case of shooting the messenger here.

Wupert did not design the gearbox, did not lie to owners for years and did not start the Fiat hugging posts which vainly attempt to maintain the value of juddering vans - give the guy a break and welcome him to Fun.
I bet Wupert has a wealth of experience to contribute to Fun so why the concentration on his Fiat posts elsewhere?
Don't tell me we have sh!t stirrers here as well!

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Hi Wups :winky:

Thanks for reminding us of the JC position on the non existent judder (shit, no-ones told Fiat:Doh:)as for haggypaps assertion that there is no 'them and us' one only has to read haggy paps previous (malevolent?) utterings on the subject of what the unenlightened call the dark side... why is it that so many forums are dogged by jackrussels that think there rottwhilers praps itis cos inside evry small person thers a larger one trying toget out and rtheir wuz me thinking its about motoroming:Doh: when will some folks learn to play nicely? anyone remember why were here??????

there was a time on facts when to post something that some of the 'in crowd' disagreed with drew down a pack of hounds rushing to defend the indefensible and the inevitable savaging of the hapless poster... day jar view jim?

Hppily facts is now a very friendly forum having surmounted those early problems

the one common factor that FACTS and FUN share is that they are about

M O T O R H O M E S

Check your position ...is it time to remove head from arse and smell the coffee (an infinitely preferable aroma :thumb::ROFLMAO:)

Last edited by a moderator:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp

do you know what an acolyte is ?
It would seem Peter is a leader of a cult:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

is that why you keep calling him JC

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Wupert, its pretty clear from your opening couple of posts in this thread that you have an issue/issues with a dealer/dealers/Fiat and that you came here from motorhomefacts to carry on the bitch-fest you and others seem to delight in over there. Please continue your fight there or use our excellent private messaging system. We don't want that stuff here on the open forum. It has nothing to do with "dealer input and control of the site" its just that its too petty for us and its certainly not Fun. So please - put your handbag down and play nicely. :Smile:

JCM, you can put your handbag away as well. :Smile:

Thanks

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back