since 08
storey is
i managed to break the back of my i phone 4
i replaced the back with a mickey mouse one

then managed to break the front screen
now replacing that is a little more involved

and with my sausage shaped poor grip fingers
made it a no no for me see below link
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q74uQdl7V6M"]How To: Replace iPhone 4S Screen | DirectFix.com - YouTube[/ame]

it would seem many shops would do it for £60-£70

called apple lakeside thurrock
apple will exchange my phone for a refurb one £119

refurb is a remanufactured phone with new battery
my battery was spent anyway

now up until i damaged the phone i was thinking
of changing to samsung galaxy
checked the cost of a new screen
£135~£170 fit yourself

so i bit the bullet and paid £119
to get a refurb phone

went in aprehensive
thinking o re input the phone numbers
but no backed up to the cloud(apples)
then a few ids and passswords

new phone up and working before i left the shop
only thing to do at home was log it on to our wi fi

and set new passcode all photos ,email settings
fun logged on without having to log in

so all in all i dont have to learn how to use a new fone
this one isnt damaged
and looks as good as new
suit me for a year or two now

:thumb::thumb::thumb:​

jeepmadmike

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years
I am a complete apple junkie because of iCloud, it makes trashing your phone a very easy replace.

iPhones amaze me with there resilience, I've killed two. The first I dropped it in my stream! It still worked but no longer had any reception the second went for a 10foot flight and landed hard on concrete, again it still worked but the reception was rubbish.....

Before anyone say's Nokia brick, mine never lasted more than 6months before the buttons would stop working and the speaker would be full of swarf

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
I have been a total Iphone addict ever since they came out, I have Ipad, Imac and Macbook pro, Then three months ago my Iphone broke and I borrowed my sons spare Samsung S3 :Blush:

Now I use a samsung Galaxy S3, in my Honest opinion they are better than the Iphone and can do everything Iphone can and a lot faster, Once they come up with a cable to link to Pioneer ICE they will take it all.

I still have my repaired Iphone but use it as an Ipod and I supposed it is handy to have a spare in case ! :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I never got on with the iPhone, far too many fault, glitches and restrictions on use. I ended up putting it in a drawer and buying a bunch of old Nokias off ebay... I do love my iPod nano (oldish one) and my iPod Touch. These are untouchable as far as music and audio tapes are concerned.

These iPods are tough as old boots and they must be 5+ years old if not older and still going strong. The iPod Touch even has the entire wikipedia loaded onto it so I can access it without internet. Brilliant.
Got my French dictionary and grammar apps plus lots more as well as over 30GB of music and language lessons.

I did try playing with a galaxy S2 but couldn't get on with the touch screen. Still love my Blackberry keyboards. Just a shame the software is so crap.

Still planning on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for my next phone. If it lives up to it's billing I will finally donate my iPods to family members and get rid of my Blackberry tablet. I will then be down to one phone, one ebook reader, one computer and two laptops :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back