i-park.fr bookable aires - anyone used them ? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter deleted-member02
  • Start date
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Whilst browsing for aires I've come across this website http://www.i-park.fr/

There's a selection of aires across France, most appear to be tidy, reasonably priced and curiously, they're bookable !

I've never heard of an aire that can be pre-booked but having travelled before in peak season and struggled to find a space, I can certainly see the advantages.

Does anyone have experience of booking these aires ?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hope they don't get many booking the free aire days could be numbered!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've come across one, you could only pay at the machine with their card. We went somewhere else instead.

I guess if it was the only place to stay in a place you really wanted to be it might work. But for the moment I don't think it is essential. Perhaps when they have more aires the position might be different.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well if you look on the map the green ones you can book and the white ones - eg Le Treport - you can't. We've stayed on some of each - the one at Chateau Thierry gets packed very quickly, it really is lovely, plenty of room to spread and complete with a shower block.

I suspect Graham & Jane may be correct - getting more like the club CL and CS networks by the day ....... we never know where we may land up this afternoon usually! - which is why we like aires, we don't mind paying and if we fancy or need a campsite then also fine. It's simply convenience.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I recall about a private company getting deals with local Maire's and communities to set these up. Community gives the land and company do the set up and take the revenue. Great in some respects and we don't mind paying but we also love the free Aires :) can't say I could plan anything enough to book them.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Last time in France we came across a couple of "Aires" that were in the all the Aires book but we're in fact glorified campsites , they belonged to the same firm and had machines on the gate where you had to put your mobile phone number in and a credit card number and they were suppoesed to send you a code to get in but we couldn't get in either of them so moved on to free ones. Both of them had room for loads but only a couple on each one.

Edit they weren't cheap either about 15 euros

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
I'm not sure if this is the same company but we stayed at the La Cavalerie Aire de Camping Car, just a few km's south of the Millau Viaduct in April.

It is operated by Camping Car Parks and involves registration for their card Pass' Etapes, which is their annual membership card. Bit of a faff getting the registration process with the mobile and credit / debit card but we persevered and was successful in gaining entry. (TIP: I'd recommend registering before setting off for France)

The Aire provided Electric, WiFi and full services for just over €10 per night so well worth it in my view. They appear to have some decent sites with good facilities, some are open all year and some are pre-bookable.

We now have a registered card and can use it across their network of Aires.

This is a link to their website > BROKEN LINK

Hope this proves of interest to some.

Cheers

Andy

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Camping car park operate the aire site in Azay le Rideau next to the municipal site. Exactly as @Imbiber describes. Nice location at Azay, on the right as you approach the municipal. Be warned, the municipal site clearly state use of toilets/showers is chargeable if not camping on their site, we saw quite a scene develop one morning.

OP
OP
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
We wouldn't normally plan or book overnight stops but this year time's limited and we're running to a schedule, hence the research...
Hate paying campsite prices for an overnight stop and sometimes the nearest available aire can be quite a few miles away.
We're considering stops at Lac du Der and the Chamonix / Mont Blanc area, both I suspect will be very busy at the end of July.

I did notice that Leucate Plage 1 & 2 are listed. We've attempted to stay and found them full/overcrowded on a couple of occasions.
I wonder how pre-booking works and how it's applied - they've looked like a free for all when we visited o_O

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I'm not sure if this is the same company but we stayed at the La Cavalerie Aire de Camping Car, just a few km's south of the Millau Viaduct in April.

It is operated by Camping Car Parks and involves registration for their card Pass' Etapes, which is their annual membership card. Bit of a faff getting the registration process with the mobile and credit / debit card but we persevered and was successful in gaining entry. (TIP: I'd recommend registering before setting off for France)

The Aire provided Electric, WiFi and full services for just over €10 per night so well worth it in my view. They appear to have some decent sites with good facilities, some are open all year and some are pre-bookable.

Cheers

Andy
That's the one,

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

Cheers

Andy

Yep I'm a member of camping car park and they are good aires with or without electric; with or without wifi but most with and yes pre booked . Some are well under 10 euros depending on where they are located. The booking is only available if you have taken the golden card online.
There have now opened one or two in Spain!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back