Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Terry

Go to an apple shop as they know more and can give a better demonstration

You will not get any discount from any store on apple products, do not buy accessories in the stores either.

I have bought all from ebay

I like to watch football streaming on a large screen, also films and the like. You do not need all these accessories but it gives you an idea of what you can do and the lesser price you pay.

See in no particular order

Link Removed

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=270982180057&view=all&tid=918043645017

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

If you bought genuine apple products the prices are mind blowing

Good luck with the search

Steve

i use the first one to load photos on the i pad bought of ebay £3.45 delivered
looked in apple they were approaching £30
i got a folding cover off ebay £7.99delivered
apple £30 again
didnt realize there was a usb slot thingy in it
needs a bit more investigation
i just aint techy enough :Blush:

apple link to accesories take a breath before opening the link
http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_ipad/ipad_accessories

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
FWIW I have the Asus TF101 Transformer and the docking keyboard, I'm on it now using free WiFi in a pub on the A417 where we're kipping in the car park (I'm in the pub enjoying some Arkells real ales while Jackie is in the camper watching Wombledon on sat TV). Anyway I love my Asus, its fantastic and the keyboard adds an extra eight hours of battery life as well as full moving key keyboard, two USB2 sockets and a SD card reader :)Sad:tab on its own has micro SD card slot). I've tried a USB hard drive on it and it works, I've tried a USB mouse on it and it works, in short it just works! WiFi only but I use my HTC Desire HD phone as a mobile WiFi hotspot and connect through that when WiFi proper is not available so the lack of 3G sim card on the tab is not an issue. I use it mostly for internet access but I can view my photos on it and have downloaded a free Photoshop (genuine Photoshop) app that is great for quick and simple image editing.

D.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks all who replied -Asus is another added to short-list:thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Thanks all who replied -Asus is another added to short-list:thumb:
terry

This 'short list' could rapidly become a 'Long List', save your time Terry, go straight for the iPad and spend all the time you've saved planning a new conversion........you know it makes sense
:RollEyes:

sealski

Free Member
Feb 17, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
VW transporter conversion
Exp
4 years
I purchased this a month ago from amazon
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0082PZPEQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00[/ame] and I have not put it down.

Good for Watching Films (screen not good in Direct Sunlight though)
Connected to my home WIFI network with no problems and tethered to my phone foe when I am out in the Van easily as well.
works great for email (IMAP or POP)
Downloaded Opera Mobile Browser and is now good at web browsing
Just discovered Google Cloud Print and I can now print from the tablet to my home printer

The only downs I have discovered is that it looks a little plasticy compared to other tablets

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all,been into PC World and curry's today for a play :thumb: in PCW I think I knew more than the guy trying to sell me one and as you can tell I only know what you lot have told me ::bigsmile: In curry's I got a 20 /23 ish lad who knew his stuff,did not try to sell me one but answered all my questions and asked what I want to do.He then told me to get the cheapest forget the Samsung,sony and another because they were almost same price as a Ipad also the asus.He said the Ipad 2 was almost as good as the new 3 which was not worth the 70 quid extra over the 2 :Smile: I now know how to turn one on ::bigsmile: The search/ play time goes on :thumb:
terry

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi all,been into PC World and curry's today for a play :thumb: in PCW I think I knew more than the guy trying to sell me one and as you can tell I only know what you lot have told me ::bigsmile: In curry's I got a 20 /23 ish lad who knew his stuff,did not try to sell me one but answered all my questions and asked what I want to do.He then told me to get the cheapest forget the Samsung,sony and another because they were almost same price as a Ipad also the asus.He said the Ipad 2 was almost as good as the new 3 which was not worth the 70 quid extra over the 2 :Smile: I now know how to turn one on ::bigsmile: The search/ play time goes on :thumb:
terry

Terry

Now go in an apple shop ask what the differences are between 2and3 it is worth the extra if you use it. It had the extras I wanted that 2 did not, but it may not for you

It is a lot of expense if you do not use it

I remember before getting my iPhone asking and was told forget it and buy the cheapest. I am glad I got the iPhone as I use it regular as I now do with the iPad. I am not an must have the latest gadget type, they just met/meet my needs

Steve

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Steve the guy in shop said the cheapy would meet my needs ::bigsmile:plusit had a pen drive port.
I forgot to ask if the Ipad would play my mp3s and divix films :Doh: he baffelled me with clouds :Eeek:the others would :Smile:
terry

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
If all you are wanting to do is browse the net, do email, etc, then the Blackberry Playbook is far better value for money. For less than £200 you're getting a beautiful piece of kit that does all of the usual stuff (browsing, etc), plus plays flash on sites that have it (try doing that on the iPad) and at 7" is much nicer to hold and transport around.

I also have an iPad and an ASUS Transformer Android tab (so I speak from experience), but both have been gather dust ever since I got my Blackberry Playbook last December.

And as for copying music to it, all you do is plug it in using the USB cable and copy the MP3 files straight to it. No need to mess around with that horrible iTunes.

Oh, and almost forgot. For about £5 you can get an HDMI cable and plug it into your TV and watch movies straight from it, view your pictures, browse the net on your TV, etc. if you want to do that on an iPad you're looking at nearly £50.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi Steve the guy in shop said the cheapy would meet my needs ::bigsmile:plusit had a pen drive port.
I forgot to ask if the Ipad would play my mp3s and divix films :Doh: he baffelled me with clouds :Eeek:the others would :Smile:
terry

Lol:ROFLMAO:

It will play the mp3s and films and by the sound of it if I was you I would go for the cheaper one
:thumb:

plus plays flash on sites that have it (try doing that on the iPad)

Sorry but your comments are wrong

It can and I do you just need to know how

And as for copying music to it, all you do is plug it in using the USB cable and copy the MP3 files straight to it. No need to mess around with that horrible iTunes.

I do not have to bother with iTunes if I prefer not too, again it is possible

Oh, and almost forgot. For about £5 you can get an HDMI cable and plug it into your TV and watch movies straight from it, view your pictures, browse the net on your TV, etc. if you want to do that on an iPad you're looking at nearly £50.

Not £50 for me, see other posts

Yorkieman I am only correcting your comments and not saying what is the best, just stating that it is capable and does not cost that much. The picture quality is excellent on my big screen Tv as well:thumb:

Terry
Buy the cheapest:thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
OH GOD I/we have just been watching Sky news and they have just done a bit on tabs IE Googles NEXUS and it is only £160 :Eeek:::bigsmile: Only 7 ins but it sounds every bit as good as a £400 Ipad also it is made by Asus (Daves)which in store was also very impressive
Now I have to deal with cup cakes,gingerbread,icecream sandwich and jellybeans not to mention clouds :whatthe::Doh:
Shortlist is now getting shorter
Link Removed and the nexus.The ipad is just too much for web browsing (prob 95% use) the ebay one has a really good spec for £200 and the nexus sounds brill for £160 :thumb: but down side is a 7ins screen:cry:http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/46273/asus-google-nexus-tablet-features
I was going to commit to buy late tomorrow after a little more research but I think things may be on hold for more info on the nexus :winky:
terry
Steve I had a all singing dancing Samsung pixon when they came out with my 30 quid a mth contract but never used it for more than phone calls,after 3 yrs it went tits up so we both just bought cheapy Samsung phones (we can use Samsung ::bigsmile:) and went on Sim only deals for £!0 a month saving us above £40 a month :thumb:As you can tell the technology is wasted on me ::bigsmile:
EDIT any thoughts on ebay v nexus ? I am leaning towards the nexus but still not 100%sure--the Ipad was very impressive

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all here Link Removed specs for the nexus :Smile: What do you think ?The Chinese or Taiwanese nexus ? Making the jump today just not sure which so your thoughts count :Smile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
HiBrian that is the one I linked to and asked what funsters thought,but got no reply. I asked 2 mates and they both said it was brill,but only 7 ins and the Chineese one is 10 lns which is what Ann wanted so it came yesterday:thumb::thumb::thumb:
I am on it now trying to figure out how to use it ::bigsmile: Mate has a Samsung tab so a direct comparison is on the cards in a few days:thumb:
Terry

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
HiBrian that is the one I linked to and asked what funsters thought,but got no reply. I asked 2 mates and they both said it was brill,but only 7 ins and the Chineese one is 10 lns which is what Ann wanted so it came yesterday:thumb::thumb::thumb:
I am on it now trying to figure out how to use it ::bigsmile: Mate has a Samsung tab so a direct comparison is on the cards in a few days:thumb:
Terry

Have fun.

You can always get an iPad when it breaks down:thumb:::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am on it now trying to figure out how to use it ::bigsmile:
Terry

That's no mean feat. Little in the way of instructions, so much head scratching, looking on internet or ask in here.

First thing is to get internet access.

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Well, I have decided to upgrade my original iPad 64gig 3G Wifi to the new iPad 3. My original one is as new, always been in a case with a screen protector on. Still have the original box and everything that came with it. I recon I can get 350+ for it, but would be open to sensible offers if a Funster was interested! I will still need to find another £300+ to get the new one but, hey ho, life like that:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
::bigsmile: ONLY INSTRUCTIONS are Chinese :Doh: very small credit card size book-about 20 pages :Smile:Mate with Samsung is very impressed with it :thumb:He has been online researching it and has not found any bad reports and has found a PDF English download :thumb:Indeed he is thinking of getting one,especially spec/money :thumb:Spent about 5 hrs playing /trying to figure out how to use it :Doh::cry::Smile:
I have figured out how to bookmark sites but not got a clue where they disappear to :Smile: Can I get a spell checker on it ?or will it have one ?Can you copy and paste ?if so how ?so many stupid questions :Doh:::bigsmile:It even has a voice typing programe on it but again no idea :Sad:--time to play again :winky:
terry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Can you copy and paste ?if so how ?
terry

I've never got comfortable with it. Hold your finger on a word and see what happens.

When it comes to editing a post ( I've just cut off half your post ) I much prefer a keyboard. But ! You can get keyboards for tablets, bluetooth or USB depending on the tablet. If it has a USB port try plugging in a standard PC keyboard. Try a mouse.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
::bigsmile: ONLY INSTRUCTIONS are Chinese :Doh: it even has a voice typing programe on it but again no idea :Sad:--time to play again :winky:
terry

Terry
Try asking it for
1x43
2x19
1x67
Add your address and see if you get 4 meals delivered
:thumb:
:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun