Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Does anyone know of any promo/discount codes for this company ? Ive just tried to book the mh two passengers and the dog, outward 28th of may and return 6th june and the price is £440.00:whatthe: I know its TT week and have been well used to them ripping me off when I had the bike but at that price I may as well leave the dog at home and book the Hilton, I wanted to go for TT week as I have a lot of friends in the road racing world and would like to meet up with them all again ,and watch the best road racing in the world of course :Smile:

Regards, John

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the last steam packet ferry i was on wouldnt get that much for scrap....:ROFLMAO:

'75 TT week.:thumb:

bike and me.....£9 return. :Eeek:

hotel on Douglas prom.....£40 per week B+B:Eeek::Eeek:

OP
OP
John H

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
the last steam packet ferry i was on wouldnt get that much for scrap....:ROFLMAO:

'75 TT week.:thumb:

bike and me.....£9 return. :Eeek:

hotel on Douglas prom.....£40 per week B+B:Eeek::Eeek:

the first ferry I went over on was the "Lady of Man" the same ferry that took my parents to the IOM on their honymoon, my dad said it was a pile of scrap then :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
If you are REALLY keen
Link Removed

VMax ( first TT I went to was £3 return- 1962)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That particular ferry operator is being boycotted by an awful lot of bikers.
There is absolute uproar in the bike world due to the blatant profiteering going on.
But hey, what do you expect !! Guess who owns the ferry ?
Australia-based banking giant Macquarie
Yup, another money grabbing bunch of bankers ( god I was sore tempted to change the b to a w ! )

It has been suggested that if they carry on it could force the Tynwald to either move against the company or give up the TT as so few people ( by comparison ) are able to attend due to the ferry prices.

However.. To land a light aircraft anywhere on the IOM during that fortnight, the landing fees more than quadruple, so it aint just the ruddy ferry !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
do they still drain your fuel tank (bike).:Sad:

i saw a load of dutch bikers filling up just before the port then getting drained at the port :Angry:

i dont understand dutch but i have a good idea what they were saying to the dock worker....*&$^%(*

PS...it was '76 not '75.

Last edited:

wkdtroll

Free Member
Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
Problem with IOM ferry is you pay for vehicle..and number of passengers - so if your missus is a good swimmer you could throw a line over the side (no-one would notice!!):ROFLMAO:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
There is absolute uproar in the bike world due to the blatant profiteering going on.
But hey, what do you expect !! Guess who owns the ferry ?
Australia-based banking giant Macquarie
Yup, another money grabbing bunch of bankers ( god I was sore tempted to change the b to a w ! )------------?

It has been suggested that if they carry on it could force the Tynwald to either move against the company or give up the TT as so few people ( by comparison ) are able to attend due to the ferry prices.

However.. To land a light aircraft anywhere on the IOM during that fortnight, the landing fees more than quadruple, so it aint just the ruddy ferry !

What's a WUNCH??? I was there in 67, got hailwood, Agostini, Tommy Robb, and others to aotograph my beany hat ........................................When I got home my mother, God bless her , washed it and promptly made them all disappear!! !:cry::cry::cry: Ah well, them were the days.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
Problem with IOM ferry is you pay for vehicle..and number of passengers - so if your missus is a good swimmer you could throw a line over the side (no-one would notice!!):ROFLMAO:
We always had 2 or 3 bodies hidden under carpets inthe back of the van between the bikes, always expected the Gestapo to turn up with pitchforks:roflmto:
Kids in lockers, wife in shower ?? Don't know if they check the back of a motorhome.
VMax

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
!

I assume they have jet ski's then:RollEyes:, because its the only ferry company going to the Island.
which is why the robbing gits are so expensive:Angry:

Alan H

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Boycotted as in simply not going !!
Even one ( at least ) of the marshals who has been doing it for donkeys years has bailed out..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back