Feb 14, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
wanting to buy first one
Exp
new to this
Hi everyone :)

I want to buy my first motorhome and hope you nice people will give me some good advice. I need something in which two people can sleep, plus one large dog! I have to have an automatic due to a gammy leg, and I will be using it as my main vehicle too, so it needs to be small. I like the look of the Romahome, but apparently the two-berth comes only with manual transmission. The old-style VW camper also appeals, but they are SO expensive. (I have a maximum budget of 8k.). I know it's a big ask, but I'd be so grateful for your wisdom. It's all because my job requires me to be away overnight from time to time and I have an elderly dog who needs to come with me.

Thanks in advance.

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Hi Blaise,

I think you need to explain your requirements a bit more - is it day to day car that you can sleep in ocassionally or motorhome that you can drive like a car ocassionally?

My first motorhome was a based on the Mitsubishi Delica - it was a full motorhome ("a vehicle you can live in without access to external facilities", ie own bog, shower, gas fridge etc.) but small enough to fit in any car parking space (and a lot of multi stories), also fully insulated.

Before that I had a vw synchro t3 - an awful lot of fun and got much attention, could fold the seats flat to sleep in it but no bog or anything like that. I suppose I could have put a porta-potti in the passenger footwell, but the best thing was to park near a hedge...

Isuzu and Toyota do similar motorhomes to the Delica, I think all are four wheel drive and some are automatic.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back