I need an engineer near Oxford quick

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by yorkist, May 31, 2014.

1. yorkist

yorkist Read Only Funster

Help Funsters please. I have agreed a price for a 2009 Autotrail. As far as I know I need to arrange a HPI check and get an engineer to check it over before paying. Presuming all I need for the HPI is the registration number - can anyone recommend a good website for this? Rather than just picking one randomly. But more importantly can anyone recommend a trustworthy motor engineer in the Oxford area to check it over asap. I´m hoping that the price someone said for that of about 120 quid is right. If I can do all that asap I can then book a flight over from Spain.

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

HPI themselves are the best for data checks in my opinion
    https://www.hpi.co.uk/home/

sorry cant help with an independent engineer in oxford the AA and RAC offer the service though. maybe a mobile caravan/motorhome engineer would be an idea to get a hab check and damp check done. the vehicle will hopefully come with some warranty if from a dealer or you can buy a warranty insurance from the likes of warranty direct

• Like Like x 1
  3. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Last edited: May 31, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Viennese

Viennese Funster

What is the base vehicle? If Citroen or fiat try air cooled engineering, pony road, cowley. They have the computer stuff.

5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

He would only know the easy bit of a MH. You need someone who does proper job habitation checks for the faults that could really ruin your day.