I must have made some cctv camera man smile (1 Viewer)

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Crossing from cherbourge to dieppe is 3.5 hrs. I left at night to avoid traffic, and planned to do the trip in one hit without a break due to the fact my fan won't switch off without me banging it or remove the fuse.
After a huge bridge, bigger than I seen in Africa, travelling in rain, thunderstorm, winds at 25 m/h over bridge.. I hear
....take exit 5 , porta 400 600... well it was closed by police. No problem, as sat nav will redirect me. Continue ...to ...6 booths in front of me with a t sign. Me thinking t = tag, prepaid, like at Dartford bridge, another two booths separated on the right...ahh cash , coins, yes I know that sign. I paid my 1.30 Euro cash there....travelled on the only road ahead, came to more booths with t signs and cash signs. Paid my 1.30 Euro...went over huge bridge at 25/30 mph due to rain, wind etc . Paid yet another 1.30 Euro , and crossed . Another huge bridge. Soon, take exit 5, porta 400 600. Road blocked by police, continue as sat nav will redirect me.
After crossing 5 very steep bridges I started to wonder why the french were so unimaginative that each town had to have an exit 5 marked porta 400 600. Also , why the f... did I take toll roads for travelling faster? All these bridges , at 25 mph, the stopping and starting of van , to get in and out, and paying these tolls, is SLOWING me down. I'm not very happy, I been travelling 4 hrs but in theory , I still have another 2 hrs to go.! !
....not giving up, I will get to diepe tonight.....another few bridges., more 1.30 euros ....take exit 5, porta 400 600.
2am too tired to continue, I pull into aire, I still had two hrs travelling ahead. I was supposed to arrive at11pm! ! .I asked my friend to Google earth how many f...... more bridges ahead.! Cause I'd rather go the longer route.

I made the camera man's day as there is only one bridge.

Ps. Exit 5 porta 400 600 , next day had limited access due to burnt out car s and tires on most exits of round abouts. Later I learnt due to French pre strike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back