I,m a total Pillock (Help appreciated)

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by alcorn54, Jan 21, 2011.

1. alcorn54

alcorn54 Read Only Funster

Well just spent the day off work getting everything checked out and working,so i can get away next weekend to the lakes. Everything working fine except that bloody water tripout thing from truma,had the heating on full blast for over an hour before I could get that button to stay in to test toilet shower taps etc. anyhow all ok and tested and re drained . Goes to clean out the garage oil key locks etc opened one door and went round other side opened other and what a bang,hadn't fasted the door back properly and the wind,(i live right on the top of a hill:Doh::Doh:) blew through the garage and opposite door slammed and wood interior liner/panel cracked right down the middle, Ive just replaced and repaired hinges to the same door last week.:cry::cry:
    Outcome is Door frame bent :cry::cry:and I cant get it to to open on top lock no matter how much I try to adjust :Doh::cry:,Ive had to remove top inside latch completely. Does anyone know someone in the North east who could take door apart reline and square up please? It doesn't look too bad from outside but inside knacker-ed and frame loose on the inside. Alan :thumb:

2. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Alan
    Sounds like something I would do, I bought my van from Discover Darlington they have a good size workshop on site, Also there are a couple of mobile repairers on this site so they might be able to help. Pete. :thumb::thumb:

3. pablomc

pablomc Funster Life Member

I don't know of any independents which I assume you are probably looking for as a first option, but in addition to Discover at Darlington there is a Discover at Birtley, Brownhills at Birtley and Tyne Valley at Burnopfield.

Hope you get sorted. :thumb:

4. alcorn54

Thanks Ill give them a call,used to be Burtree I believe..

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

There's a small business on Skippers Lane Trading Estate, east of Middlesbrough which mainly concentrates on building horse boxes but also does some van conversions. I've only dealt with them a couple of times after they opened a retail camping shop (rather than had work done by them) but the guy who runs it seemed genuine. The company is Platinum Horse Box Builders - details Here.

Another place you could try is Hadrian Leisure at Stockton. Not sure what services they have beyond normal servicing but they probably have contacts and are a well established business.

6. alcorn54

Thanks

They sound just the people im looking for as they will build panels for there boxes . Thanks ill give them a call

7. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Hope you get a good job and good deal.

8. alcorn54

Do you know if there still up and running ?? tried the number a few times and its dead.?? Alan

9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

You should have PM by now Alan.