I Love My Motorhome So Much...

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Sidney, Aug 18, 2014.

?

How much do you love motorhoming?

Poll closed Sep 1, 2014.
  1. More than is healthy

41.1%
  2. More than some people I know

37.5%
  3. I really am spending their inheritance

23.2%
  4. It's a vehicle and it gets me where I need to go

10.7%
  5. I'm thinking of selling it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sidney

Sidney Funster

I don't think I could ever feel the same about a holiday home or hotel.

In the winter we go away to a very nice island in the sun. I look forward to it immensely.

But touring in the motorhome - you just can't beat it.

Am I alone or do you too get giggy with excitement?

• Like Like x 6
  2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Hate hotels, love the van (y)

• Like Like x 5
  3. plumbomb

plumbomb Funster

We're just of to York for the weekend but getting behind the wheel and driving off I can feel the stress of work lift of me, we talked about a MH for a few years we had caravans for years it was the best decision we ever made.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

I cant image life without a van to be honest. I would have nothing to tinker with when at home and although we have a holiday home we spend little time there. If the day ever came where I could not drive the motorhome, it would have to be a caravan on a site. I love campsite life even though we spend a lot of our time wilding. I was never one for hotel holidays anyway, before I started motorhoming seriously I always rented property for holidays.

• Like Like x 3
  5. nickbailey

nickbailey Funster

We love the planning, the on-line booking, the loading of the Motor home ("that's enough pairs of shoes dear") and the whole experience of it. From washing the van inside and out to the anticipation of a new site. Wouldn't change it for anything else. Just finished our summer hols in Cornwall, had some new toy's this season. We purchased after much searching and reviewing a drive away Awning. Wow what a fantastic addition to our already luxury hobby. As well as a Cadac BBQ. Cant wait till next trip.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hymie

Hymie Funster

We were flying to Greece and Spain 3 or 4 times a year for a long time, with the occasional long haul every now and then, and I always felt a sense of relief and ease of spirit once I handed over the car keys and boarded the bus for the airport.

I thought that was the bees knees but it did not prepare me for the the overwhelming sense of ease and, yes, bliss when I get behind the wheel of Harriet and the journey begins.

There is a slight tension in the air as we head for the ferry lest anything should go wrong on the way and delay our journey but once on-board the tension disappears as the adventure begins.

I learned long ago never to plan a journey, as someone's tag line says, if you don't plan it it cannot go wrong.

The route changes daily or even hourly depending on the mood, we're going nowhere in particular and are in no rush to get there, what could be better.

We are both fairly gregarious and outgoing but are equally happy with our own company, and along the way we may well bump into like-minded people for a short spell then meander off on our way again.

I could not think of a better way to spend a holiday and, although I never thought I would retire, I cannot wait for the next 21 months to pass so we can spend all our time roaming.

Hymie.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Only said to Mrs T last week that i couldn't imagine life without our camper van now - i truly think they're better than i had imagined :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Baycott

Baycott Funster

If we hadn't fallen into the timeshare trap many moons ago the Motorhome would be our only type of holiday. We absolutely love it!!! Even more than we did the caravan which we had for 20 years.
    As has been said before, it the preparation, journey, site/wild pitch and above all, the freedom.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ROB1CHELSEA1

ROB1CHELSEA1 Funster

Jane and I have been round the world by plane but a week/weekend in the van is something else and we just love it (y)

• Like Like x 5
  10. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

To me it's a way of life, I can not imagine giving up easily . :Smile:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Percy52

Percy52 Funster

It's the best thing ever.
    We must try to come to some of your meets as I'd love to meet other people who are as crazy about their motorhome as we are!!!!
    Just got back from 2 and a half weeks in Scandinavia- best holiday ever. Can't wait to get going again!

• Like Like x 2
  12. lesleyjean

lesleyjean Funster

Just getting behind the wheel, with the dogs just behind us in the dinette.

Absolute bliss.

Just love it.

Amazing feeling loading the motorhome and getting ready to be away for a while.

Son just exchanged contracts on a property today:)

I am so happy today as our choices have just multiplied beyond belief.

We would never have put Andy out of our home, but so pleased that from next week he will be making his own way and learning how to cope with mortgages, bills etc, a huge learning curve for him, and a great relief for us.

We can now sell up if we choose or stay here if we choose, but, financial wise we may sell up and start S.K.I. :)

Looking forward to making decisions based on, "what we want" and not having to make decisions based on family wants and needs.

Bring it on:cheers:

• Like Like x 5
  13. Foxglove

Foxglove Read Only Funster

Wow!

what great adverts to all of us looking to join this community!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bejay

Bejay Read Only Funster

Off to Newhaven tomorrow for the night ferry to Dieppe. 3 weeks away to France. Expect some rain but we don't mind. Will find a campsite with 'Acsi' and with our Adria Sport will pull out our awning with its 'zip' 3 metre room and watch the world go by. Take the bike for any shopping needed or get the walking shoes on to visit the locals. Done the air holidays, car hires etc - but this is the best time of our life. An adventure every time!

• Like Like x 2
  15. SMB

SMB Funster

Life on the road, visiting new places, meeting new friends and old, freedom. Love it..:cheers:

• Like Like x 2
  16. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

Left in the motorhome at the beginning of August and don't intend getting out if it until September, simply awesome :)

Talk about a stress reliever. I love every second of being away, the adventures, the comfort, the convenience and the ease of driving too :)

Motorhoming is like a woman. Nice and warm and cozy, cooks a great meal, is always pleased to see you and great to be inside :)

One regret is the years I spent without one :)

• Like Like x 3
  17. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

Cant imagine life without one ! We have had 3 now, and loved them all. Latest model is super luxury "glamping" but wouldnt care if it was a van convertion or smaller. They are all great.
    Phil

• Like Like x 3