I Love My E & P Jacks (1 Viewer)

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
Have them fitted to our van and they are excellent but they are not infalable, they won't auto level if the pitch is too sloping.
Although the fitter did use them (pour securite) on the hard shoulder after our blowout on the way back from Italy last week end.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
@Lenny HB

Go for a different approach, our Hymer (I know you don't have one, but) moved around a lot particularly when I bounced in and out off the poor old extending (springboard) step
Need to go to Spec Savers David, take a look at my avatar, only ever had Hymers.

I went to Durness last January and endured 80mph winds, (fairly extreme I know) but was nearly sea / motion sick
Our van has a fairly long overhang and rocks at the slightest movement, also on our recent trip spent the night on top of a mountain in gale force winds van rocking all over the place, last van on one mountain had to get up at 2am to move the van to face the wind it was rocking so badly, all part of the adventure.:)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
@Robert Clark,
As we have almost the same van, do you mind me asking who fitted yours and where did you have the motor and control panel fitted?
It would seem sensible to go to someone who has experience of fitting to the same van.

Richard.
Hi Richard
We had ours fitted by Rosmia in Sussex, who are the local installers.
Our van is RHD and the control panel is fitted on the passenger side, see pic below.
We don't use the control panel - instead we use the remote control which I located by the drivers side storage unit
The motor is located by the water pump.
The remote control was free
image.jpg

image.jpg

Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Have them fitted to our van and they are excellent but they are not infalable, they won't auto level if the pitch is too sloping.
Although the fitter did use them (pour securite) on the hard shoulder after our blowout on the way back from Italy last week end.

we were initially told to use them in auto all the time, Mick himself now suggests manual is a better option a lot of the time. We have had a lot of alarms due 'too uneven ground' even when it didn't really seem so. Now go for manual when I think there will be any doubt

Also in auto Mick says they lift higher than actually needed, we have had wheels right off the ground on our own drive which is not absolutely level but not far off

Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
What do you do then ...manual and spiritual level?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Need to go to Spec Savers David, take a look at my avatar, only ever had Hymers.

It needs more than spec savers, I was replying to Clarky :LOL::LOL: or trying to at least

There is no hope, but I will be PMing you ref headlight protectors (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Robert, would you recommend Rosmia ?
Yes certainly. They charged what they quoted and the installation looks to have been done very professionally - don't forget to ask for the free remote control

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Yes certainly. They charged what they quoted and the installation looks to have been done very professionally - don't forget to ask for the free remote control

that is good, I opted for the remote option, but I am sure I either paid more or negotiated it into the price

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Also in auto Mick says they lift higher than actually needed, we have had wheels right off the ground on our own drive which is not absolutely level but not far off

I have only ever used mine in auto mode except one occasion when there was too much of a slope, but I will admit that the auto option does occasionally lift all the wheels of the ground when in manual mode there would be no real need to do so.

I can find the most level pitch ever created but if her fridge door dares to open or close unaided then it ain't level and I have to do something about it, wouldn't go back to my Millenco levelers now.

By the way I used Conrad Anderson in B'ham and would recommend them to anyone.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Q?
Does anyone ignore the user procedure and just press auto while sat in the cab.
I can't imagine me getting out especially if raining etc

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Q?
Does anyone ignore the user procedure and just press auto while sat in the cab.
I can't imagine me getting out especially if raining etc

I really cant see why you should get out, possibly best not to move around as that might affect the levelling maybe, but even if not raining, why get out?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I really cant see why you should get out, possibly best not to move around as that might affect the levelling maybe, but even if not raining, why get out?
I think they're covering their arris on elf n safety , you're supposed to watch each jack

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back