Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
http://www.leedsdogschool.co.uk/?gc...Jehdrd6Cm0Ic-zyf2pvP3Eoko2MgfyfTt8xoC-dzw_wcB

https://www.cesarsway.com/dog-behavior/barking-and-howling/5-tips-for-handling-nuisance-barking

If the above fails shoot it. :eek:

or distract it :LOL:
Happy-hump-day.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Three reasons why my dog barks firstly we stay on Aires a lot in France someone came close to our van one night he barked secondly we live by the sea he loves the beach & gets very excited when we go there so he barks shame to spoil his happiness & thirdly if some undesirable comes knocking on my door he barks !

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I don't think people generally are annoyed by barking that is purposeful.
It's the dog that just continually woof woof woof woof woof and on and on and on that spoils the peace and often permitted by its owner.

Even worse is the yap yap yap yap yap yap ..........................................................:mad:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Mine only bark when they're somewhere they think is home, i.e. the house or the MH, and the guarding instinct kicks in. I've got no problem with them doing that.

The rest of the time they are specifically trained not to make a sound. When they're working any sound at all is a big no no. In a competition it's instant elimination.

It was a simple thing to achieve when they were puppies and very seldom needs any reinforcement now.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Earlier this year we were on a lovely small camperstop in a semi rural/urban environment in Spain near Malaga - had a great 5 days there except for one thing - yep - barking dogs - three vans from us was a German couple with a "husky type" dog and it barked incessantly - any person walking on the roadway near the van started it off - any other dog within 30 yards of his pitch and it was like WW3! The owners were usually sitting outside close to the dog but made no effort to quieten it!! Being Spain then every time this dog started barking then all the Spanish dogs in the area joined in!!!!

We are fond of dogs, having owned several but we always made sure they were not being a nuisance to other campers - unfortunately the trend often now is for a proportion of dog owners to let their dogs bark as loud and as long as they want to regardless of the proximity of any neighbours!

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
Unfortunately I think I'm corked and gone off before my time!!!
Why is it that people spouting off a load of rubbish like the posh neigbours speak louder than anyone else?
It's a 'gift' they acquire with dosh!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back