I know who I prefer

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by movan, Jul 2, 2016.

1. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Spent two nights with a group of young hippies who showed me a safe place to camp on my journey when not feeling well. They shared a communal meal with me, filled my water bottles with water from the spring at the Tor, had about 5 dogs between them, all of which were well behaved ... were polite and couteous and I didn't hear any swearing at all.

Today I moved to a quite expensive site. An expensive motorhome has pulled onto the standing next to me and parked with their habitation door opposite mine. Their household paraphenalia inc kitchen sink is taking up all the room, the 5 of them are loud to say the least, and they keep walking onto MY hardstanding at the front of my mh. Their blasted dog is barking endlessly at NOTHING and they just laugh at it.. For some stupid reason unknown to man they plugged their electric cable into My socket before I got mine out ... I came for peace and quiet and family time. Tomorrow I will have to move or I will lose my rag with them .. ... they have just LOUDLY so we all know their opinions, verbally ridiculed some of the young people walking around Glastonbury ... I KNOW WHO I WOULD RATHER HAVE NEXT TO ME. ... grr bloody dog barking yet again!!!!

Rant over.

• Like Like x 32
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Another of my pet hates :LOL: It's the owners fault and theres plenty of them

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

4. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Totally would feel and do the same...rude selfish self centred people get right up my nose...at least you can move joy...one of the good things about being in a motorhome I suppose

• Like Like x 6
  5. cliffandger

cliffandger Funster Life Member

Hi Joy - feel sorry for your predicament, but we have seen the good and not so good in the same age range in Croatia.

Firstly four German lads, in a tent next to us, had stopped off on the way home from their mates wedding on Krk Island, (where they were the musical entertainment). They played every night we were there, all British songs, with no one else listening, we had front seats, clapped after every song and told them how good they were. The conversation was good and they were lovely. Nothing was mentioned about the referendum and we enjoyed their company. They all played guitars and beat box (I mention this only to make my point later on......) ;)

Our other neighbour, a German chap of the same age, there with his wife, kids and three other families. They took over their own four pitches and the whole of the surrounding beach area and two pitches that weren't occupied but were filled with their stuff, so anyone looking for a pitch would think that those pitches were taken, when infact they were free. He couldn't wait to talk about the referendum, and didn't hold back when he told us we were an insignificant country, the EU bent over backwards for our every whim, we got far more out of the EU than any other participant country did, we would be committing political and economical suicide if we left - why were we worrying about immigration when we had only taken in 100,000 :Eeek:, and we should think VERY LONG AND HARD before we cast our vote - as I said on my thread - I liked him a little less after the conversation than before.....

Rise above it Joy - you are a free spirit, and will always have good Karma around you. Rejoice in your daughter and granddaughter and the mates you have here on MHF. I know that every meet I attend reinforces my view that as long as we have a common interest, be it A Class, Low Profile, coach built, van conversion, caravan, tent - whatever we will always be happy.

Oh and of course - back to my earlier point - those that play music (or in my case a very loose version of it) will ALWAYS be happy - we just have to convince the rest of the world and all will be good!

• Like Like x 15
  6. cliffandger

cliffandger Funster Life Member

Oh and I nearly forgot - KEEEEEEEEP DANCIIIIIIIINNNG - on the floor/concrete/grass/tables.......... xx

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Joy
    We try never to stay on campsites
    The 'real' people we've met on Aires and while wild camping have warmed our hearts.
    My recipe for a happy life 'give much and expect little'

• Like Like x 11
  8. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You move, life is too short for that crap.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

If there are any other spaces on site I would move now and tell the warden why in the morning

• Like Like x 5
  10. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

What a lovely experience stopping with the young hippy folk, I'm sure they enjoyed your company as much as you enjoyed theirs , absolutely no need to stay parked next to rude self important people, you could always go and have another night with young folk, then come back and get a different place.
    Most of all enjoy your time with Carla & gorgeous little Eden. x

• Like Like x 8
  11. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Go tell them nicely what's what. Sometimes people are oblivious to their actions until it's spelled out to them

• Like Like x 2
  12. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

And unfortunately some people don't give a toss either.
    It would fall on deaf ears.

• Like Like x 3
  13. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

On the other hand you you can pre-judge folk. We've had no neighbours all the time on our current pitch, thanks probably to Charlie barking at anyone who comes near carrying a map of the site (we've trained him well) but this afternoon a monstrous Concorde thingy landed next us, causing a local eclipse of the sun. It was towing a Renault Twingo and Mrs Concorde arrived in the Porche Cayenne. I was ready to dislike them but they've been fine. I think they've just bought the MH which is probably two or three years old. But they are very quiet now, possibly because they can't get the lights to work inside. The hubby keeps coming out and jiggling the EHU lead and then disappears inside into a darkened interior. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Young hippies? Blimey, I thought most of them were into their 70s by now. Maybe there's a breeding program somewhere to try and reintroduce them into the wild. I hope they've got protected species status, they sound like, groovy. :)

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  15. movan

Don't forget MY 'young' may be YOUR 'old'. :)

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 5
  16. chaser

chaser Funster

Hit it on the head there, anyone on Aires are there just to park for the night and treat everyone as they want to be treated, but when these campsite people have payed maybe thirty £s a night they think they have the right to do as they like, which as I write this I have just thought , maybe they have a point:(

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

I may have spent less time maturing in the barrel, but we all appreciate the qualities of a fine vintage. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. The Wino

The Wino Funster

Unfortunately I think I'm corked and gone off before my time!!!
    Why is it that people spouting off a load of rubbish like the posh neigbours speak louder than anyone else?

19. JJ

JJ Funster

IMO "aires" are just campsites you don't pay so much for...

Parking with other motorhomes does have some advantages sometimes, but I much prefer to be somewhere where yuukky people are not going to disturb me... ;)

Actively seeking to stay within a few feet of people you know nothing about always confuses me.

Mind you, I suppose most folk are nice...

JJ :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  20. movan

I think it is because they think everybody in the vicinity is interested in their opinion ...... in this case on music, politics, social standing, motorhomes, etc etc. One of them even started to try and sing an opera tune ... yugh ... she couldn't ... they all applauded. :(

• Funny Funny x 1