I got my licence to drive back today!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by rosalan, Jun 29, 2016.

1. rosalan

rosalan Funster

Since having an operation on my head on 1st March this year, I was told that my licence was to be suspended for six months but today, out of the blue my licence arrived! Too good to be true after only four months? Well yes and no. My licence by chance had run out during my period without one and also I had a birthday so that my C1 needed another medical. The licence they sent actually included a C1 (up to 7.5 Tons), so being an honest chap I phoned the DVLA to make sure (WHY?). The Dvla thanked me for my honesty and asked for the licence back as I still needed a medical for the C1. They are sending me the forms for my medical which I said were diabolical to fill in, and the person agreed! My car licence however is now active again and I just need to get a doctor to rob me of a fortune to look at my notes and say "Pass!" to renew my C1.
    Sunnier climes may yet be on the cards this year.
    To anyone who has doubts about the workings of medical matters at the DVLA, I have personally found them to be efficient and helpful beyond expectations for a government department.
    Alan

• Like Like x 7
  2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Lots of private medical places on the internet just do a search.. DONT go own doctors, they will rip you off..
    HGV, COACH, PILOTS etc etc all need private medicals so you will find one nearby...

ex.. http://www.driversmedicals.com/

ps.. Great news on getting it back anyway..

3. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

Congratulations Alan on receiving your freedom back. I'm in a French hospital about to lose my licence for 1 week, I'm lucky.
    After a heart attack last week they are now fitting the second stent tonight. Out on Saturday so that's good I suppose. Hope you manage to get away soon. The weather over here has been terrible for weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

Hope all goes well!

• Like Like x 1
  5. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

Yay! - brilliant news - I know there's still some way to go before you get your moho licence back, bit still - you can at least drive - congratulations!
    Very best wishes for a painfree and quick recovery, one week's driving the moho seems very little to lose, all things considered!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

Great news enjoy your first trip!

• Like Like x 1
  7. big map

big map Funster Life Member

Congratulations on getting your car licence back. The other will come in time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Baycott

Baycott Funster

Congratulations on getting your licence back. I don think I would have been so honest though :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I hope all goes well for you.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Result !
    Time to start adventuring again

• Like Like x 1