Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
A couple pulled in next to us at Villasol he reversed motorhome into a tree at the back of the pitch then he told us he just pulled out of el raco as he could not find a pitch big enough and he hit a bollard on the way out,

2 dings in one day I would be crying

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I would be going to specsavers. :eek:

We are at Soustons Paul and a French guy pulled in next to us two days ago and reversed straight into the EHU board. Got out scratched his head, plugged in as if nothing had happened.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Forgot to say we also bought a new awning mat the same day just put it down and the guy who had the 2 dings above also drove over our new mat trying to get onto his pitch thought Lynne was going to chin him :LOL: but she forgive him after he hit the tree.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I would be going to specsavers. :eek:

We are at Soustons Paul and a French guy pulled in next to us two days ago and reversed straight into the EHU board. Got out scratched his head, plugged in as if nothing had happened.

His wife was watching him back Mikey I kept thinking she would shout stop but she never.
It was a RS 9m van big hole in the back and a few cracks + damage to side lockers when he hit bollard at el raco I would be gutted.

Good news no damage to our mat :LOL: still feel sorry for them

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
In a French Supermarket carpark about four years ago we watched a woman load her hatchback from the trolley.

She then jumped into her car and reversed straight into the trolley. She got out to look at damage, got back in and drove forward straight into a tree in front of her. Throwing her hands into the air in exasperation she reversed away from the tree, into the trolley again.

At that point we drove away as we couldn't stop laughing and thought that that was rude.

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
In a French Supermarket carpark about four years ago we watched a woman load her hatchback from the trolley.

She then jumped into her car and reversed straight into the trolley. She got out to look at damage, got back in and drove forward straight into a tree in front of her. Throwing her hands into the air in exasperation she reversed away from the tree, into the trolley again.

At that point we drove away as we couldn't stop laughing and thought that that was rude.
Wonder what my wife was doing in a French Supermarket? :imoutahere:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sad, but no excuse for it to happen to a couple, if your visibility is poor you should throw the co pilot out. We have a poor reversing camera (something about to be rectified) But we do have a couple of radios and I never reverse on site without someone out side ready to scream "I said STOP" .

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
We are on Marjal in Guadamar. Our Dutch neighbours went out in their van this morning. Came back as we were eating lunch and the guy reversed back on to their pitch with his missus trying to get him to stop, but he hit his own scooter, which was chained to the tree. He was so pissed off, he pulled forward then nearly ran her over when he reversed again. He jumped out and started ranting at her in Dutch, obviously her fault. What entertainment!!!

:cool:

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.

In stitches here... Couldn't mek it up could ya :LOL:

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
This reminds me I need to sort out a new reversing camera her eye sight is not what it used to be :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We are on Marjal in Guadamar. Our Dutch neighbours went out in their van this morning. Came back as we were eating lunch and the guy reversed back on to their pitch with his missus trying to get him to stop, but he hit his own scooter, which was chained to the tree. He was so pissed off, he pulled forward then nearly ran her over when he reversed again. He jumped out and started ranting at her in Dutch, obviously her fault. What entertainment!!!

:cool:

We got radios because the person I normally kick out to watch me reverse, even after 30 years, finds it difficult to grasp the fact that unless she can see my mirrors; I don't see her frantic waving. :rofl:

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
We got radios because the person I normally kick out to watch me reverse, even after 30 years, finds it difficult to grasp the fact that unless she can see my mirrors; I don't see her frantic waving. :rofl:

Crikey, you mean to say there is two of them....

I now just stop when I can't see her in the mirrors and wait until she walks up to the drivers window to ask whats wrong. (y)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Sad, but no excuse for it to happen to a couple, if your visibility is poor you should throw the co pilot out. We have a poor reversing camera (something about to be rectified) But we do have a couple of radios and I never reverse on site without someone out side ready to scream "I said STOP" .
All very well Jim, but what about yelling stop and the driver doesn't? ouch said back bumper. I was the one yelling, and i have a LOUD voice.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Crikey, you mean to say there is two of them....

I now just stop when I can't see her in the mirrors and wait until she walks up to the drivers window to ask whats wrong. (y)
Just the other week I stopped reversing. "There is nothing behind you", an exasperated Banks-man says at my window. I know I said, but look up. A massive tree branch was so close that impact would have come from that a long time before the phone box I was reversing against.:rolleyes:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Just the other week I stopped reversing. "There is nothing behind you", an exasperated Banks-man says at my window. I know I said, but look up. A massive tree branch was so close that impact would have come from that a long time before the phone box I was reversing against.:rolleyes:

On the narrow approach to Shell Island which was blocked with traffic, I had a policeman walking backwards in front of me because of the narrow route between stone wall and oncoming traffic .. jammed. He was beckoning me forward continually and I think he may have misinterpreted my pointing my finger upwards at him. I KNEW there was a huge overhanging tree branch above my head scraping on my solar panel. :( .. He didn't look very pleased.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
even after 30 years, finds it difficult to grasp the fact that unless she can see my mirrors; I don't see her frantic waving. :rofl:
My wife's the same. Also if I can see her, I've no idea what her hand signals mean, even though I've instructed her on the few simple straight forward ones. They just sort of flap about. Either that or she just stands there looking confused.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Lynne is the same she just waves her arms about like a helicopter I just laugh and that makes her so mad and confused :LOL:

Spanda

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590 RS
Exp
Lynne is the same she just waves her arms about like a helicopter I just laugh and that makes her so mad and confused :LOL:

Waves her arms ? Lucky you ! I need to try to spot which way a finger - literally a finger - is pointing lol

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Waves her arms ? Lucky you ! I need to try to spot which way a finger - literally a finger - is pointing lol
Hi.
Does the "Vertical one finger" mean you have hit something ?..............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

It is frightening though that these people are actually out there & think this is normal/ can't understand what is going on ! :(

Some of the stuff I have watched here in car parks & have happened to vehicles defies belief.

Yes I also have one of her relations.:D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Same here Jim, however, have to relate an incident in Italy this year. Dispatched wife with the radio to watch me into our really tight spot. Wife obviously stands in one of the only locations behind the van that is in the blindspot of both the camera and the mirrors.
Anyway, I'm doing my bit, carefully negotiating onto the pitch, when a scream comes over the radio: "STOP!", I pick up the mic and say, "Why what am I about to hit?". "Me" is her reply, so I reply "You could try moving dear!", at the point I see in the mirror the two Dutch people she had apparently been in conversation with decay in to fits of laughter!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back