I don't think so

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by paulus the woodgnome, Apr 1, 2013.

1. paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome Read Only Funster

Went to lowdhams yesterday to see what they might give me for my motorhome and saw the same model as mine and same 24000 mileage with a 32999 price tag on then went to see a salesman and gave him details of mine I will give you 19000 for it Told him I'd just seen the one on his compound and he said oh that's a limited edition but its the same as mine I said. O but it was part exchanged he said. Yeh but it's a big difference I said. Oh I think it has been there a long time and is not selling at that price. I couldn't be bothered to ask how long it had been there but if it was not selling at that price and they were making at least 14000 on it then wouldn't they drop the price Must think I am a mug. Thinking of selling to pay mortgage off 5 years early. We have Robin Hood in nottingham you know

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 9
  2. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Poor devils, have pity, they gotta make a profit ya know:cry::Wink:

3. paulus the woodgnome

Here it is same as mine where does it say limited edition?

http://www.lowdhams.com/used-motorh...de-45619.3/Used-bessacarr-e495-fiat-2007---57. So how much can I realistically sell mine for with full service history habitation check last nov tracker just renewed for a year and bike rack for not one not two not three but four bike racks and incidentally the shelf on the door is intact on mine where as the one in this one is broken and as it is moulded to the door would need a whole new indoor plastic panel ok I cannot offer the warranty

4. alfandM

alfandM Funster

Was he wearing a mask? dick Turpin Did,

5. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

I think I too met him at Lowdhams
    this supercilious Bstd who spoke to you

So now you have Robin Hood at Nottingham:thumb:
    and his cousin Robin Sodd at Lowdhams:Angry:

• Like Like x 2
  6. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Private one here mind you its an auction:Doh:

7. busby

busby Funster

That sounds about right for most large dealers. They had a 2008 Trigano Tribute 650 for sale there last year and when i asked them for the reason that it was more expensive than i had paid new in 2008 he said they had gone up in price. New one yes but second hand..the mind boggles. They must need these extreme profit margins to survive. Probably Johns Cross can enlighten us.

8. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Johns Cross are very fair indeed.

They offered us £5k more for our van than another dealer did against a very, very expensive German van.

Dealers do have to make a profit and have to warrant a vehicle.

9. busby

busby Funster

Shame they are so far away from me. Can recommend HEART OF ENGLAND near WEEDON.

• Like Like x 1
  10. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

I bought mine from their sister co
    price fair, after sales brilliant.:BigGrin:

11. buttons

buttons Funster

lets face it your van is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Why condem someone for not agreeing to pay your price. advertise it privately it could be a bit of a shock. Dont leave it too long though or that dealer might drop his price.:Wink:

12. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

I would suggest you advertise the Bessie for around £26995 to get some interest and a sale. Thats just off the top of my head guess though.

Good luck

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

I agree they do have to make a profit,but not to that tune.Lets face it though he was a sale man and what are sales men full of? I reckon if he maybe spoke to someone else he may have got a better offer,especially if there was no hagling on a new van.

14. Daveo2006

Great idea to pay the mortgage off early,better idea to sell hose buy smaller one and chop van in for a bigger one and hit the road jack.:RollEyes:

• Like Like x 1
  15. RogeTeri

RogeTeri Read Only Funster

It's the name of the game I guess. Think they are taking the p with that offer. May be different if you were to part x. Would think you stand a better chance with a private sale. There is a company in Nottingham that act as brokers and do all the advertising and showing people round but they will charge you 10% of sale price, they do have the incentive to get the best price for you of course.

• Like Like x 1
  16. paulus the woodgnome

Only 51 wife is 45 idea is to pay off the 25000 I owe and be mortgage free then save the money so we can both retire comfortably by the time I am sixty and buy a new van then with the money and bogger off down to Spain etc for six months on end in the winter. Or even go part time sometime soon and enjoy a bit of life instead of working forever. Di lost her mum and dad within 6 weeks of each other last year one was 82 and the other 76. At the mo my dad who is 81 is in hospital with acute heart failure and a large blood clot so my outlook on life is why work your balls off until you die paying off mortgage and saving some equals a better future :Wink: by the way oak tree motor homes down the road will give me 22500 cheque straight away or 24000 if we leave it with them and they can sell it within the next six weeks lowdham eat your heart out

• Like Like x 3
  17. paulus the woodgnome

By what I will save on storage mot tax insurance habitation service engine service new tyres etc etc etc will get me a couple of weeks holiday abroad a year as we have done Spain Italy France Germany Austria switzerland holland Belgium Luxembourg etc in motorhome and would now like to go further afield to places you cannot get to in a motorhome my daughter is going to be leaving uni in seven weeks and a 6 berth motorhome is too big anyway

18. busby

busby Funster

It does not have to be a new van as many Funsters will tell you. With an older vehicle repairs are easier and less likely as they are simpler. Depreciation is also lots less.

19. busby

busby Funster

Dont understand Paulas, on one thread you want to go to Spain for 6 months in the next one you want to go further afield for 2 weeks??

20. Daveo2006

If it were me i would be inclined to take a gamble and take the lower offer,dealer will want to get best price so maybe put up for top end there for take longer to sell (maybe).In which time you may have paid a few payments on your mortgage.Dont know what your payments are but take into account other costs that go with it (insurances etc) I paid mine off with wifes ISA :BigGrin: As mine is locked in for longer and makes more than hers.The interest on hers was less than interest paid on mortgage.Nice feeling to have your deeds in hand .Shame about the wifes ISA though.:Rofl1: