I deny it, demand proof and lie if all else fails (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
OK... I admit it, Ezzie was the battery on the way back from the tent.. she was pulling me along in the wheelchair (not the 4 wheel buggy).. I could not carry the unused bottles and the chair Sue used... so I could not propel myself and had to use Ezzie to pull me.

We had a great weekend. Had many a spitting contest with Rick...(not Rose) enjoyed our chats. Dodgy and Sarah and Shelby the dog made it a better weekend.. Us Winnibago owners have to stick together. The Griffs Clive and Rhian arrival made for more Winnibagos and as Roger said two of them in one place (he was referring to the Winnibago Aspects (rare in the UK and two at one meet). Thanks for letting us look around your version of the RV.

Stuart and his little instrument... did not get to hear it in the end.

To all those that helped and tried to help put up the second tent.. took 3 hours as Rick had not labled up the poles... to Landy (bill & Shirley) for sitting and listening to the yarns (they were true Bill honest). To the many I have not mentioned. Ezzie thanks everyone for the various bits of cake she got and Still sorry Roger that she had the last Welsh oat cake... boy what an effort by the ladies for cakes in the tent.. we had so many we had some for the evening as well.

We had great weather all considering, so thank you to him or her or who ever is up there for not chucking it down on us. For once did not spend to much... Thanks to JJ for making it an entertaining event, especially the arguments between Roger and JJ over the badges and Ezzie says thanks for hers. Nice to meet Frankie who know knows what slobber is (St Bernard drewl).. hope you got through Amsterdam and home OK.

So many people I have not named, but you all made it a wonderful weekend for us. Life will never be the same without seeing JJ and every one else on that Solex bike.. to see Tilly going mad and rolling over (the dog) ... meeting Bruno, (and John) and a fond welcome to all the new members that came. I am sorry for not putting everyones name on this post, but you all made my weekend special.

What a turn out, best part of 50 vans, we put all the other camping clubs to shame.... Only thing bad was the late night singing.. good job I had sleeping tablets with me. Thank you for the various offers of help and also a thank you for the idiots that took some of the items out of my free box.. now they clutter up your home..still some left for Lincoln if you want them.

The law books came and have gone home, we never did open them.. although Rick had his strong views on certain things..wrong Rick... another story, another time. ... nice RV.

Oh well back to earth for a while.. we pulled out at 8.30 p.m and got home to Tunbridge Wells around 12.15 this morning.. heavy traffic but we got round the M25 safe and sound.

Oh yes Sue said I forgot to mention Amanda (loved the siren) .. hope you enjoy the propeller..and Bil and Kate... And of course Roger and Sue.. suggest Roger you do not put your hands in a dogs mouth in future - no it was not Ezzie.

Anyway this was to be a short post, but how can you have a short post over such a great weekend. I will try and get some of the photos of tent erection (see Stuart we did have one)..

Bob :thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Ezzie found someone taller than herself

Your great company:winky::Smile:

It made a change for Ezzie to be able to look up to a dog taller than herself instead of wondering where Tilly had gone in the long grass.

Great to meet you John in the flesh and all the others we came into contact with..such as that stange foreign lady (sorry Frankie you are not strange really).. I forgot to mention Joy and so many others.. not good with the names these days, but as time goes by will get to know more of them... Just a great weekend, wished it could have lasted long.

Bob, Sue and yes Ezzie:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Well Bob, it was a close thing but JJ and myself did manage to rescue you shortly after you arrived. :thumb:

What is he on about you ask?

I mean, flying the flag in such a manner that we rushed over to check that all was well. :Doh:

And me being a colonial as well!! ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
thick side or thin side

Well Bob, it was a close thing but JJ and myself did manage to rescue you shortly after you arrived. :thumb:

What is he on about you ask?

I mean, flying the flag in such a manner that we rushed over to check that all was well. :Doh:

And me being a colonial as well!! ::bigsmile:

Could not understand what Roger was going on about.. so we left it then a colonial flying a funny flag from the African continent tells me it is up side down and I was in distress.. well I was n ot until I had to take it down on the boss's instructions (AKA SUE) and put it up again with the right thickness in the right side... do not have that trouble with the Texan flag or the stars and stripes or the rebel flag.. it all started becauise Sue wanted an long flag pole than I had for the yank flags... I bet I still get it wrong the next time as well. I need to put something on it that say this side up.:RollEyes:

Bob aka in distress.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back