I defy anyone not to love this.... (1 Viewer)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
And the award for wierdest thing of the week...... :Eeek:
:coolest:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Sorry PB but you did throw the gauntlet down in your title..............

I don't love it ...................... it's just plain weird :p

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Errrr.. The birdy song after taking too many drugs springs to mind !!! LOL! !

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
That's what yo get if yo try and manipulate music and culture by legislation, franch music awful generally, and passing through their radio mostly unlistenable, due to having to play bilge like this to preserve the culture? They make the odd good movie and that's about it....so far up their own backsides!

Season 3 of Spiral started bbc 4 last night...this not bad :)

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
So NOBODY likes it - fair enough, maybe I did spend too much time in my youth smoking with the wrong kind of people. Okay let's try and salvage something from this car wreck - how about someone come up with something worse?

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
how about someone come up with something worse?

Nice turn around PB ;) How about this (thanks to Matty from another thread)

I really did not know whether to laugh or cry! (actually me and Mrs Chox laughed all the way through :ROFLMAO:)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
So NOBODY likes it - fair enough, maybe I did spend too much time in my youth smoking with the wrong kind of people. Okay let's try and salvage something from this car wreck - how about someone come up with something worse?
Umm.. perhaps something from the early days of Biggy Smalls ?

No !! Hang on !!! I have it

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Nice turn around PB ;) How about this (thanks to Matty from another thread)

I really did not know whether to laugh or cry! (actually me and Mrs Chox laughed all the way through :ROFLMAO:)

thx chocks - A man needs to know when to fold 'em in the words of another equally bad song.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
That's what yo get if yo try and manipulate music and culture by legislation, franch music awful generally, and passing through their radio mostly unlistenable, due to having to play bilge like this to preserve the culture? They make the odd good movie and that's about it....so far up their own backsides!

Season 3 of Spiral started bbc 4 last night...this not bad :)

Its not typical French Radio, if you think it is your tuning knob is stuck! and its absolutely nothing todo with French culture. As for beign so far up their own backsides, now is probably not the best moment to inform them.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I did listen and read the text all the way through (( Forces training gives you tenacity !! )) and I never new the words were like that.. Very stirring if you are French I imagine !! must admit, I do quite enjoy it when watching the international rugby.. BUT, now I know what it means, I'm wondering if my enjoyment will "wane".. Bloody marvellous country though !!!
Ps. Whatever works for you PONYBOY..

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years

So outraged about the happenings in my beloved France I trawled my memory banks for a song from the past to lift my spirits a little and found this gem.

Ponyboy

Music to slit your wrist to...........:cry:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

or

• Mireille Mathieu
  • Eddie Mitchell
  • Johnny Hallyday (above)
  • Vanessa Paradis (early material)
  • Alain Chamfort (early material)
take your pick:LOL:
two for the price of one

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
I did listen and read the text all the way through (( Forces training gives you tenacity !! )) and I never new the words were like that.. Very stirring if you are French I imagine !! must admit, I do quite enjoy it when watching the international rugby.. BUT, now I know what it means, I'm wondering if my enjoyment will "wane".. Bloody marvellous country though !!!
Ps. Whatever works for you PONYBOY..
my brother is fluent in french and has lived there permanently for the past 15 years but he had no idea what the French word 'sillon' meant until I explained. especially surprised as he spends loads of his time small farming(y)

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012

or

• Mireille Mathieu
  • Eddie Mitchell
  • Johnny Hallyday (above)
  • Vanessa Paradis (early material)
  • Alain Chamfort (early material)
take your pick:LOL:
two for the price of one

thx for this triumph of monumental mediocrity but I will have to lash myself to the mizzen mast and say that much and all as I hate Charles Aznavour, I really did enjoy his and Mireille's ( it must have been the eighties with hair like that) performance. Nice try at trying to unseat Flo and Eddie but I think it's back to the drawing board for you and the team xx

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
Many, many years ago I bought a Mireille Mathieu LP. I must admit that I thought her voice very 'listenable'. She had the ability to put relevant emotion into her renderings.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back