I crawl back sheepishly to the forum.... (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
If you have a big dog, then the only layout you need is a u-shaped lounge, according to Rosie the Bernese Mountain Dog :D
IMG_20160418_212219.JPG

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
My dog is also 13 1/2 and absolutely loves the MH. Dont let the old dog stop you now, let it also enjoy the fun of getting away.
Good Luck with whatever one you end up getting. Lots of good advice been given.
If you see one and its far away then ask if another funster perhaps lives nearby and can go and initially look at it before you make the journey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Feel free to invest in it yourself - I won't stand in your way...
I did consider it, but decided I don't need the hassle right now. Whoever does buy it would have a great deal, though.

As an aside Mrs Deluxe far prefers the end lounge layout to the admittedly very large mid lounge in our Pilote but I ain't moving.....

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
That still looks a really good buy and if you didn't like it you could sell on at no loss at all
I think it's hassle enough buying a van let alone having to sell it on and start all over again, so often the advice on here is to make sure you get the right van and it's right for you.I think @roadster55 has got his head on the right way he knows what he wants.

Philly 123

Free Member
Jul 23, 2015
scotland
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
I drove down to Skegness last week, and bought my 1st motorhome, I found it on Ebay, and she only had 2 owners ( the 1 I bought from only had her a 5 weeks, as his wife wasn't sure about spending a lot of money and then discovering she didn't like it, which she did so they have bought a really expensive one which was sitting there when I arrived) so I owner from new, 32k on clock and loads & loads of paperwork, just serviced, cam belt changed & 4 new tyres... my pal & I slept in her that night & I drove the 300+ miles home in her next day... never missed a beat! It's a 2000 Fiat/Ducato Auto roller with rear lounge for me & my mutt, loads of storage and a bigger than usual shower/loo. I took a damp meter and went over it ALL, bone dry. So I am ready for the off, whenever the mood grabs me and cannot wait!

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
It comes to something when I have to do the judges job for him :Eeek: if you save a bit longer £28k will buy you brand new German import sub 6 metre van with a huge garage and a fixed double bed, and a proper warranty.
(y)
You only need an engine and/or gearbox failure on one of those old buses and it becomes a money pit or even a lesser mechanical failure if you are not a DIY mechanic. Or worse still a major breakdown in Europe.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It comes to something when I have to do the judges job for him :Eeek: if you save a bit longer £28k will buy you brand new German import sub 6 metre van with a huge garage and a fixed double bed, and a proper warranty.
(y)
You only need an engine and/or gearbox failure on one of those old buses and it becomes a money pit or even a lesser mechanical failure if you are not a DIY mechanic. Or worse still a major breakdown in Europe.
I'm dying so over to you I'm afraid:)

OP
OP
roadster55

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Or worse still a major breakdown in Europe.[/QUOTE]

Sounds a bit like Chelsea this season...

i'm probably going to hire a van once a year whilst I've still got my late mum's old dog cos I promised I'd look after her properly, and don't think she can stand more than about 3 weeks of me driving her about lol.
Then when the time comes I'll start looking around seriously, and yes I appreciate that nice M/H with the link, and yes I am saving hard. All good things come to those who wait....

Last edited:
OP
OP
roadster55

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Hi funsters the prodigal old fart returns...

Been busy the last few weeks since I chickened out and cancelled that van; I hired a campervan just for me and the dog, it was VW transporter type because I wanted to see how she adapted in a smaller camper with a possible view to buying one as my only vehicle, anyway cut a long story short she was happy as Larry and even seemed several years younger! Only prob was the bed when made up didn't leave her much room.

However I've now purchased a 2007 Ford Leisuredrive Occasion which is on a Ford Transit 2.2TD. It's got pretty much everything we'll need, most importantly it has a bed up top in the roof which is plenty big enough for an adult, so muttley can have downstairs to herself at night! All mod cons including a Thetford loo. Very nice condition all over and a reversing camera too.

Being a Ford Transit she fits into my private parking space just like a car, in fact there's the same year Transit a couple of spaces along. So only one vehicle required - no storage required either. Best of all I can go anywhere in her which is important because I like exploring those out of the way places that are often down country lanes.

DSC09744_zpsyaq9ew52.jpg
DSC09768_zpsa8anwkcf.jpg
DSC09770_zpsk0nguk51.jpg
DSC09725_zpsxizhk9lh (1).jpg
DSC09766_zpsa9vwfdo7.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Lovely van so glad you have found something that suits you both. That's one pampered pooch!! Enjoy your travels.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
That was our first van (not that one of course). After shivering in a tent in Font Romeu and seeing a friends campervan we returned home and bought a transit van and had it converted in Manchester. We used it as our only vehicle for some years and then we towed (a caravan) with it for a few years. Had some great times with it.

Enjoy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back