I Am Desparately In Need Of Funster Help...

Discussion in 'Computers' started by JJ, Nov 17, 2013.

1. JJ

JJ Funster

Seven months ago (April?) I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone/tablet (phablet) fully aware that Samsung were bringing out the newer Note 3 version in September.

I decided I couldn't wait and irrationally bought it from a normal phone shop at a top, top price. Never mind saving loads of money buying online. I walked out of the shop clutching the device in my sweaty hand.

I have used it every single day since and it has been a life changer for me these past months.

Here's where I need Funster support and therapy.

The Note 3 is in the shops now and each one winks at me as I past the windows. I swear I can hear a voice whisper "Buy me, buy me, buy me... go on you know you want to. ..."

It is definitely better than the Note 2 in several ways but not nearly in enough ways to justify the hundreds and hundreds of euros it woukd cost.

Please, please talk sense to me and show me the errors and stupidity of my ways...

Talk me out of it...

Please...

I need help...

The new phone only has a better screen, more RAM, faster processor, better camera, more useful S Pen features and the capability of linking with the Gear electronic watch... I don't need these things...

...getting the latest footy scores on the screen of your watch... I don't need that...

Help...

Please help me...

JJ :Cool:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. lesleyjean

lesleyjean Funster

Buy Frankie the Gold bracelet:BigGrin:

........then you may not want to spend more money:Smile:

You know it makes sense:Smile:

3. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

Look, I am a computer...must have the latest...sort of guy. What I say counts!

Dont bother fighting it, it will win!!! go get it now! then wait for the new one to come out and start resisting all over again!!:Rofl1::thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Give Frankie the "2" but put it in the nice shiny new box that your "3" came in:BigGrin: Win-Win:thumb:

• Like Like x 8
  5. JJ

JJ Funster

What if I did both Lesley?

• Like Like x 1
  6. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I would have got banned for that:Rofl1:

7. JJ

JJ Funster

Great thinking Jim.

That's why you are our Leader...

8. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

It'll be as difficult as trying to get you to see the error of your ways in supporting Man City, you'll buy it anyway but just make sure the Note 4 is not already in the pipeline. :Laughing:

9. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Blimey JT has managed to gatecrash that pic too. :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  11. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Well then WE can't go together to Germany to buy me a van!

I don't even know why you're asking ....I know you're going to say again you've been a naughty boy again in less than a week! Forget about the bracelet and buy the B****y thingy you're dreaming of! And by the way don't even think about giving me the 2, you know I won't use a eighth of its possibilities , I ain't good at that and have no time at all to play with it, I do prefer to travel instead! Sell it and get some money back so we can have some time together ! Now you've got my opinion....Tssssss Men ....!!!!

BTW thanks Lesley for your input LOL , but you see , I don't give a d*** to jewels as well, and JJ boutht me one very nice bracelet already that babies helped me to brake:cry: I'm useless.... Now ...they wouldn't brake a ring would they?:Laughing::Laughing::Wink:

Oh come on my Prince , give yourself a nice Christmas present and forget about the rest of the world. As I always say: No one will be in your shoes really , crying when you feel sad , and laughing when you're happy, YOU only can do this! So be happy when you can!

Now ... back to housework:RollEyes:

Frankie Froggy:Cool::Wink:

• Like Like x 8
  12. dogman

dogman Read Only Funster

Right, the first thing to do is calm down and start to think rationally, next is to listen to me, in a former life I was a docker so you know you can trust me.
    Lie on my couch and empty your mind of all things IT, that’s right, relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.:secret:
    You have had this fixation with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone/tablet only recently and the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone/tablet was all that you wanted before seeing the note 3, it did everything you wanted it to do in the 7 months you have had it. On seeing the note 3 you then became fixated on it, what we professionals call “must have” syndrome:Sad:.
    You have only two courses of action, go out and buy the note 3 and thus succumb to the fixation or disregard the “must have” attitude (and waste your money more wisely) by steeling yourself (possibly with some regret:Sad:) and wait for note 4 to be released (this will have even more features you do not need, surely this is worth waiting for?)
    Advice: ~
    Avoid shops that sell the note 3, instead go to your local Aldi’s or Lidl’s and buy tins of corned beef and other consumables for the MH larder, make wine high on the list.
    Remember there are certain comforts to be had from strong drink:thumb:.
    No need to thank me, that's what we pro's are here for.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Wissel

Wissel Read Only Funster

This probably wont help :BigGrin:

I have the Note3. Put simply it's brilliant.

I'm not usually bothered by which mobile I have in the slightest but the Note3 really is a bit of a leap in technology in my opinion.

The screen is great - even in sunlight. I have it running sat-nav when out in the van and also monitoring my email. The screen is so clear I can read the email when the phone is still on it's windscreen mount.

Probably it's best feature is being able to multi-screen (for me).
    I use it for work and being able to cut and paste from one window to another with both in view is really useful.

I could go on and on but better not.

14. bungy

bungy Funster

Not wanting to throw a spanner in the works....but the note 4 may not be more than 6 months away and if any of the rumoured specs are right...its going to be one hell of a device

and then put you in another quandary:Laughing:

15. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Be a good boy JJ and wait for the latest one with the newest technology to come out

That way you have a choice, the current one will be far cheaper so you can save money and still buy it or you can have the latest version

• Like Like x 1
  16. buttons

buttons Funster

Smug it maybe but I am sitting on a Sim only deal with my S2 waiting for something that floats my boat. Is this it.:Smile: You could always update your two with a Android 4.4 KitKat update.:Wink:

17. JJ

JJ Funster

Mr Wissel... did you have a Note 2 before or is the Note 3 you have your first phablet?

18. tofo

tofo Funster

MR JJ
    resistance is futile

go bite an apple

then you could keep up to date

with currant afairs

and land a little honey with a new phone

oh what a peach of an idea

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wissel

Wissel Read Only Funster

I didn't bother with the Note2 tbh JJ - I stuck with my old S2 for ages.

I bought the Note3 for it's multi-screen function. It's also really useful to be able to add a calculator on part of the screen and still be able to use the window behind.

It wasn't the big screen or the S-Pen I was really after, although after having the Note3 for a few hours my old S2 seemed way to small and I now use the S-Pen all the time.

Without knowing what you use your phone for it's hard to say whether the Note3 is worth the extra money. There are loads of YouTube video's comparing the 2 and 3, maybe that would help your decision?

• Like Like x 1
  20. JJ

JJ Funster

Thanks for the reply Mr Wissel...

I believe I have most of the multi screen features on the 2... however the increased functions of the S Pen look interesting... and... and... and... :Rofl1::Laughing::Rofl1:

PS. I spend hours looking at the reviews and YouTube clips... Check out Lucid Mike's YouTube Channel...