Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As a lot know SWMBO, Ezzie and myself are in the delightful town of Neufchatel-en-Bray .... we have an abundance of super markets in the road that leads to the site.

We have a massive E'lecerc super duper type place.. everything from TV's to fish and bakery and prices to match.

We have the usual Lidel and also an Aldi

Never been in an Aldi before today... done Lidel's at home and hate them.. but this Aldi was well laid out, wide isles and wheelchair friendly.. but the best part was the prices.

Similar goods 100 years down the road we considerably cheaper.... now I do like a drop of Cassis de dejon .. in E'Elecrec it was €4.80.. 70 cl and in Aldi it was €3.49 again 70 cl .. now that is a lot of difference.

It is a bit like the adverts Aldi is running in the UK... similar brands a lot cheaper. does it taste the same.. yes. It was a cheaper shop today.

We will give the lidel ago I suspect ... the only thing E'Elecerc had over Aldi was the cream cakes... and I was not allow any to day as I had to many yesterday:Sad::Sad::Sad:

Bob

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We always use Aldi or Lidl for rose vino, try Cimerosa make, Rose, White or Red, only 1.99 euro's a bottle, brought 1 or 5 bottles back last week from France.:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Our local lidl was ram raided last week they got away with £156.54p worth of goods

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Nothing wrong with Lidl except a limited range of goods.
If they happen to have what you want then its a no-brainer.

Subscribe to their weekly newsletter to get early warning of their special offers.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Is that the Cimerosa California wine We bought some the other week from Lidl in Matignon 3 cases ,SWMBOsaw it on the shelf and bought one , paid for it nipped out to the van ,necked it and sent me back in for the 3 cases on the shelf. I must admit I like aldi and Lidl:thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
they did have cheap plonk

they certainly had some cheap plonk on the shelf this morning....

soon to be in the RV

Bob::bigsmile:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Is that the Cimerosa California wine We bought some the other week from Lidl in Matignon 3 cases ,SWMBOsaw it on the shelf and bought one , paid for it nipped out to the van ,necked it and sent me back in for the 3 cases on the shelf. I must admit I like aldi and Lidl:thumb:

yes that's the one Wasp!! we bought plenty of the pink stuff and 1 case of the white, all very nice i must say, as Canopus says "vinocolapso" :wine::wine:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Best wine deal was found last week at E'Lecerc. 3 ltrs of Roche Mazet at 40% discount if you buy three boxes.Works out around 5.80 euros per 3l for a very acceptable drop of wine.Only managed 12 before grumblings started about payload!:RollEyes:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
SWMBO likes Pay de Herault Rose from leclerc at €3.50.
I like the red from Intermarche at €17 for 10 litres an excellent full bodied fruity red and that is = to 13 bottles for €17. :thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Yeah Ken I bought 3 of them 10 litre boxes from Intermarche last year they were only 16 euros then, it is quite palatable after a couple,only problem is that it takes ages to drink t on your own:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Our nearest Aldi is a 30 mile round trip for us, they built a new store right next to an existing Sainsburys, so we tend to split our shopping between the two stores.
We can usually get parked easily in the Aldi car park as well, however, now that we're into the holiday season, all the motorhomers who are in the area on holiday tend to have the same idea :Doh::roflmto:
Aldi have a very good range of cold meats, German baked hams etc, there is also a really tasty treacle-cured bacon. But the only thing we don't like is their cereals. The wines are great for the money, we're trying to work our way through the full range of reds, but it may take some time:thumb:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We shop at Intermarche most weeks and like the range and prices. We also go to Super U as it's bigger although slightly further away. We do tend to find that the ranges and prices vary from shop to shop, location to location.

Either way they are better than our local options:Sad:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Shirley likes the Cinsault rose from Leclerke. Its not their brand just no one else seems to sell it. Don't bother looking for it in Carcassonne Leclerke as we bought the lot :Smile:

I only drink red or very dry white so Shirley has this to herself. It's in 3L boxes or in funny bottles that look like a male bed bottle urinal. In spite of being a nurse the bottles don't put her off.:ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i like lidl,s in spain for their cartons of wine .usully at about 57 cents a litre . cant beat it i reckon. add a drop of gaseosa or lemonade or orangeade . if the taste isnt quite what you might like . but at 57 cents a litre its mmm. that and their vega cadur solera .brandy de jerez what more can you want.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back