Nov 16, 2010
North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profilke
Exp
6 months
Looking at these....always liked them.

It is the right length for me, but would appreciate others view. What about storage? Is the bathroom big enough (I prefer a good kitchen, but I do use the bathroom for showers). Where do you store outside chairs/ ramps etc? Is there room for a second leisure battery? Does the step retract automatically (mine does and I would be afraid I would forget!).

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Bathroom looks likes it is a compromise, its a low chassis so doesn't have a step. Should be enough room under the seat for a second leisure battery. Small external access storage. Best to go and check one out.

Ray

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I met a chap in France who's only criticism was that the bed creaked constantly when they were on the move and driving them mad.
Maybe it needed adjusting.
No step to worry about but the shower might be the compromise for such a short van although I'm sure you'll manage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

4maddogs

Free Member
Nov 16, 2010
North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profilke
Exp
6 months
The beds are on a different construction now...they used to squeak and sway apparently.
I ahve another question....does anyone have one and w, if so, where do you store your books, maps, radio, rubbish and all sorts of things you cannot possibly travel without?

Johnwats

Free Member
Mar 3, 2016
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Plenty of room for a second battery under the bench. Storage is always going to be a compromise in a 6 metre van but the kitchen cupboards are deep and offer plenty of room. Shower is fine and we use it every day we are away.

Drop down bed means the lounge area is huge for such a small van.

Levellers go in outside locker along with waste container, thermal screen cover, folding table with one chair. The other chair goes under the bench in the back.

Had ours for a year and love it. Easy to drive, plenty of power and fits on the drive

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
My cousin has one and is delighted with it. The lounge is big because of the drop down bed, and the problems of squeaking have been resolved

People say it is a short van, and my cousin answers that by saying she doesn't need an extra metre of space if it creates overhang and only adds a "garage" that she probably wouldn't use

At least it is parked safely on her drive at home when she is not using it, isn't so big that it won't get her down to the local supermarket and has too much difficulty for parking

Very nice van, well matched with the 130 engine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We used to have a chausson 510 with a similar layout., but full bathroom. The drop down bed meant the living area was huge for such a small van. The four of us went for a two week holiday in it and you could see people wondering how we all fitted in :). We got around storage problems with a fiamma back box on a bike rack. We changed vans because we wanted to take bikes and have storage. Also electric drop down bed was very temperamental, would have preferred it to be manual.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Agreed, the 510 has an incredible layout, and an amazing bathroom. We have a 515 with the FB layout, which works great for the two of us, although would prefer greater storage. Not cyclists, but walkers and use M/H more for touring rather than staying longer periods, so it suits us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back