hypermarket and parking in le Havre (1 Viewer)

patch

Free Member
Nov 25, 2012
WEYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
Just bought first MH
Exp
After a great holiday over the past month we are returning home via Le Have tomorrow. We intend to go to the Carrefour hypermarket (like a lot of the wines they stock) but notice there are two in le Have. Is one better/more convenient than the other? (We will be travelling via Rouen). Also is there somewhere we can park while we look around le Harvre?

OP
OP
P

patch

Free Member
Nov 25, 2012
WEYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
Just bought first MH
Exp
Does no response mean there is nowhere to park in le Havre.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Sorry that you have had no reply yet but I am sure someone will be along shortly, hope you have a lovely time

Kath :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
There used to motorhome parking at the dock in Le Havre. No idea how far that is from Carrefour, I'm afraid.
Be careful of the underpasses as you go along to the dock area. Keep right to avoid them!

Here you go

Le Havre 76059
11 Reviews / Rating: 6.9

Aire de Camping-Car
Quai de Southampton

Camper City
N 49.48485 E 0.10661 C
Unknown
48-hours
01/01-31/12
+33 2 32 74 04 04
clean RV Park-railed-at the wharf/port-no shadow-credit card-payment machine, close to Centre
motorhome 6,- lozen 0,- water 5,- electricity 5,- *2014

Last edited:

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We were in La Havre last October. There is an aire right at the docks where you can park while you look around the town. It costs about 6E I think and you can empty your tanks etc there. You can overnight but it's noisy.
We only stayed long enough to empty the chemical loo and didn't pay as we weren't parking.
There are several free aires just outside Le Havre one of which is close to a big hypermarket. Sadly I can't remember the names just now - sorry. Look in All the Aires book if you have one.
We did try to find a decent Carrefour in Le Havre itself but the only one we found was quite small. My advice would be to stop at one en route then park up and look round Le Havre before you board the ferry.
Happy travels.
Mags

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back