Hymermobil 534

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Airforce1, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Airforce1

Airforce1 Read Only Funster

Hello all, I'm new to motorhoming having just bought a Hymermobil 534. It was imported from Germany so I'm having trouble working out how things work. Despite obtaining a copy of the Hymer manual, I can't work out how to use the leisure battery. The Battery 2 indicator is on zero despite charging it and there is no response from the interior lights, water pump or blow heater. The fuses all look fine and a couple of lights work when it's hooked up to the mains.
    I would be grateful for any guidance or help......

Thanking you in advance.

2. savantuk

savantuk Read Only Funster

It could be that the lights that come on are 240V, and are not operated by the 12v system..

It sounds as though the consumer unit is not switched on. There should be a master switch somewhere, either on the consumer or distribution unit. If it is switched off, the battery condition indicator will read zero, and none of the 12v components won't work, no matter what the condition of the fuses, or position of 12v switches.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

3. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Hi and welcome to the forum :Smile:
    Where abouts are you ? Perhaps someone close by could pop in and cast a beady eye for you :BigGrin:

4. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

What year is your van? Mine was a 1992 and the battery master switch was on the passenger foot well below the fuse rack.. It was operated by a removable red key,maybe that is missing. The switch on mine was made by Hella.

5. breeks

breeks Read Only Funster

if its not on footwell then above caravan door whare control panel is depends on which year your van is,

6. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Airforce1, we have quite a few Hymer owners, so I am sure you will get sorted soon enough. Welcome to the Fun:thumb:

7. staging lady

staging lady Funster

Hi and welcome.:welcomefunster:
    Lucille