LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
The fresh water level on our guage is continuously reading 100%. I thought the sender unit in the tank might be defective or dirty, but the grey water reads ok on the guage - what is puzzling me is when I pulled out the multi plug on top of the tank I was expecting the fresh water to read zero on the guage but it still reads 100% - any ideas anyone?

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Always take what it says on my gauge with a pinch of salt anyway, I usually lift the hatch and take a look that way I know for sure if I can have a shower or its flannel time again(y)

Other than that I'm no good to you whatsoever:confused:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I suspect.....(he said, standing by for a good kicking), that 100% showing is indicating maximum resistance.......As though you had touched the two cables together. If that's the case when you unplug, it may indicate a wiring or a gauge fault.......:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
How's your van going Tim? We were the ones who nearly bought it from the chap in Bristol, before it was sold and went to Scotland where you bought it!

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Still flummoxed - the waste gauge is working and showing 25% so to do a comparison we disconnected the Multiplug on that gauge expecting it to go to zero but it still reads 25%, so things are not quite as clear cut as him indoors thought it might be......

Had anyone had a similar problem?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
First step is take the sender out and dunk it in a solution of hot water & white wine vinegar (30% vinegar ) white vinegar works but not as well. That will clear any calcium build up off the probes, with any luck it will work. Also you could could swap the sender with the one on the grey tank, just use a jug of water to dunk the senders in, easier than filling & emptying tanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If your tank reads 100% when the sender is disconnected then there is either a short circuit in the wiring or the electronics at the control panel. As the waste guage is also reading incorrectly , it should go to 0 when disconnected, I suspect the control panel.

These gauges are never very accurate at the best of times.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back