Hymer vent (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Continuing to get to know the Hymer today and found something to horrify the OH.
In the drop down bed, head end side wall, is a vent to the outside. There is no way to remove the vent apparent and over the years it has got quite grubby inside around the fly screen mesh. The OH didn`t see this but if she had she would have said there is no way in this world she would ever put her head within 6 inches of that vent with a hooly blowing through it. She`s always the first to feel a draft ( sorry, can`t remember how to spell correctly) and this vent could lead to all manner of wifey tantrums.
So the combination of the grubby vent and force 10 gale will require me to rectify this situation, have others had similar difficulties ? whats the solution cover over and seal up ?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Many have tried, and failed, to solve this problem. :( However, it does seem that if your wife is a large lady, a pair of her drawers, secured with blue tack, (or whatever tack), suspended in front of this ventilation item, will not only block incoming winds, but remove the effects left on the garment by previous outgoing winds......(y)

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I don`t think the lacey g-string will quite have the desired effect.
I`ll look into solutions to seal up, presumably it`s not an important vent required for any particular reason.
Why would Hymer put a vent there, they must be hardy those Germans

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Stops the condensation and great in the hot weather?

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi Tootles.
I am riding around in a '98 Freelander,dispite its age,the "Out going"wind is helped along by the rear window dropping down about an inch when opened,this stays down until the door is shut again and it closes up.... STILL,after all these years.Could this idea be adapted to the Hymer vent...whatever ?... I mean,got to be cheaper than Blue Tack and a pair of.. Janet Raegers ?
Tea Bag.
PS. My mates wife worked at J.R's thats how i know the name..... NOT by "X" Dressing LOL LOL LOL.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back