Free Member
Aug 5, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello all
As we are starting to get a bit more decrepit, we have found getting in and out of our new (old) S670 a bit of a challenge!
The electric step is ok, but clearly designed for more athletic/younger people.
I have been looking for a 3 tread caravan step, all I seem to find are the 2 step variety.
As the door sill is about 2 feet above ground level, we need to find a solution before one of us falls out!!
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Have you looked at 3 step mounting blocks?
Horse riders use them as they a solid plastic type structure with high tread rises.
Your downsize will be storage of them.
Try typing 3 step mounting block into eBay to get an idea.

I don't think there's a 3 step caravan step made - I may stand corrected, but I've only seen one and two steps.

Have you though of making one - that way you could make it in two pieces that connect/disconnect for easy stowage.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Are these any good?
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Do you have one or two tread electric step, I have made a gizmo to make the first step wider and stable, don't know if that would help.

image.jpg

OP
OP
lee6470

lee6470

Free Member
Aug 5, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks for all the helpful replies guys, I am working on an attachment to put on the electric step, will probably go for one of those folding handrail thingys as well.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
My attachment just slides over the bottom step and then has adjustable legs from kitchen units but also needs packing under sometimes as the ground varies depending how you are levelled.

Martin

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Hello all
As we are starting to get a bit more decrepit, we have found getting in and out of our new (old) S670 a bit of a challenge!
The electric step is ok, but clearly designed for more athletic/younger people.
I have been looking for a 3 tread caravan step, all I seem to find are the 2 step variety.
As the door sill is about 2 feet above ground level, we need to find a solution before one of us falls out!!
Any ideas?
Thanks.

hitler.jpg

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Britischen Humor ist ziemlich verwirrend !
Aber bitte , keine Erwähnung des Krieges !
Ja sehr gut! Ihr Befehl unseres germanische Sprache ist atemberaubend!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My attachment just slides over the bottom step and then has adjustable legs from kitchen units but also needs packing under sometimes as the ground varies depending how you are levelled.

Martin
Looks to me like the first and second steps arent too much of a challenge....it that bloody great hurdle getting off the second step into the van thats the problem.
Got to be at least 14"

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Looks to me like the first and second steps arent too much of a challenge....it that bloody great hurdle getting off the second step into the van thats the problem.
Got to be at least 14"

It's not our van that's the problem, this is just to give a nice steady first step as the pins are a bit worn in the mechanism and I thought the idea might help the OP.
Incidentally the step into the van is 12 inches not 14 and the height of the first step varies with the level of the ground and the position of the jacks, sometimes it's 6inches higher than this.

Martin

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Some caravan friends of ours think our electric step down out of the MH is too steep. I've always stepped out backwards and it seems OK, would never go out frontways, think I'd fall over. :smiley:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back