Hymer table mechanism

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Scotties, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Scotties

Scotties Funster Life Member

image.jpeg

Hi as you all know the main problem with Eurovan lounges is the ridiculous table capable of seating 12 plus 1. Wanting to replace the table top with one half the size I've come across a problem of removing the long sliding bars.

Does anyone have experience of removing the bar along with it's bearing mechanism before I get a hammer or hacksaw to it, please.

Many thanks in advance

Regards Richard

2. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

If the runners are 'drawer' type you may find a tiny latch at one extremity of travel. One thing is certain - they had to be assembled so should have a means of disassembly.

3. Figaro

Figaro Funster

Our top moving mechanism separated from the base pedestal with four obvious allen key bolts so may be different on mote recent van ?

4. Scotties

Thanks guys, I want to keep the pedestal, the long draw type runner looks as though the factory put a 'punch' dink at the end of travel on the sleeve but doesn't seem deep enough to stop runne coming out.:(

Will ask my 'mate' he knows how to use a hammer.

5. Scotties

image.jpeg

Hammer not needed. File off small indentations at the inside ends of runner allowing cage and needle bearings to pop out. Such accuracy and simplicity of German engineering.

All I need is a suitable ready made table top off eBay and by retaining one slide and swivel have a table where needed.

You too can convert your lounge area for about £50(y)

Regards Richard

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Xabia

Xabia Funster

I removed the whole table assembly and installed a Fiamma socket in the floor to take their table pillar. Had a table top made to my specs by Rainbow to which I screwed the Fiamma table socket. I can install/remove the assembly in a few seconds. I travel with the table stored in the fold down bed and the pillar clipped in the wardrobe. When not in situ we have a lovely open space in the lounge area.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scotties

What is it with these Europeans and their oversized tables. Have used Rainbow before, niece guys and will make whatever shape size colour you want.

Conversion now done swimbo approves, so as they say 'happy woman, happy home.(y)

• Like Like x 1