Hymer Step Switch .. How much !!! gulp (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
but it's definitely not fitted on mine ..
:):):):):):)

hitler.jpg

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I would think that is the step switch that is dirty/sticky or corroded connections.

.. clean a spray with WD40 should sort it..
Jim, I've recently been having the same problem as Rory had, and thought the same re contacts and WD40, but it has manifested itself even more now, and doesn't work at all. This coincides with the ignition light glowing every now and then, until Friday, when the alternator packed up altogether. That's when the step buzzer stopped working too.

It'll be a new alternator over the next few days hopefully, but it is a bu##er to get at. :(

Cheers for now,

Jock.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
This coincides with the ignition light glowing every now and then, until Friday, when the alternator packed up altogether. That's when the step buzzer stopped working too.

seems unlikely that the two problems are connected... I'm thinking coincidence.. could be wrong of course ..

keep us posted and good luck getting the alternator done :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
seems unlikely that the two problems are connected... I'm thinking coincidence.. could be wrong of course ..

keep us posted and good luck getting the alternator done :)
Thanks Jim.

I'm certain the two problems are connected, as the buzzer used to sound, and the ignition light went off instantly when the engine was started. Recently, the engine has need a blip on the accelerator to extinguish the ignition light, and only then does the buzzer sound. :eek:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I thought Hymer B-class vans had a step-retracting switch on the dashboard as standard. Mine is a 2003 model and has one. It is to the right of the steering wheel (LHD) but will only retract the step, not extend it.

Just been out to check in case I had missed it .. but it's definitely not fitted on mine .. 2002 model .. also checked the manual and no mention of it ..

Mines 2002 and I haven't got the extra switch ether but I'm wondering if the wiring would be there, anyone know???

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Thanks Jim.

I'm certain the two problems are connected, as the buzzer used to sound, and the ignition light went off instantly when the engine was started. Recently, the engine has need a blip on the accelerator to extinguish the ignition light, and only then does the buzzer sound. :eek:

Cheers,

Yep, I was right about the two problems being connected to the faulty alternator.

New 110A alternator fitted yesterday, and as soon as the engine started, both the ignition light went out, and the step buzzer sounded immediately. (y)
Also, an intermittent problem with the road horn, has also been resolved. ;)

cheers for now,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back