Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Following some recent posts regarding the need for spares and repairs for Hymer, I thought I would put up a few sources that I have found in case it helps fellow owners.

For Reich pumps and associated bits:
Marcle Leisure Link Removed
Leisureshop Direct Link Removed

For General Hymer spares
Brownhills Ebay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/brownhillsmotorhomesparts?_rdc=1

For replacement (exchange) Schaudt Elektroblocks or repairs
Schaudt in Germany (email Udo Lang) Udo.Lang@schaudt-gmbh.de
Edgehill Motorhomes Edgehill Motorhomes Nottinghamshire UK - Hymer
A&N Caravan services A and N Caravan Services : Schaudt Electronics

For any technical questions regarding Hymer and spares or repairs
Peter Hambilton (probably knows more about Hymer than anyone) Link Removed
Edgehill Motorhomes Edgehill Motorhomes Nottinghamshire UK - Hymer

Both Edgehill Motorhomes and Peter Hambilton can obtain most Hymer spares and, of course, do repairs. It was only in talking to Lee at Edgehill last week that I discovered they sell Schaudt exchange units and carry a stock.

Then of course there are the authorised dealers such as Travelworld and Lowdhams.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thank you for that useful information.

Maybe SGS Engineering should be added to the list if you need drop down bed gas struts, or any other gas struts for any motorhome fitting for that matter.

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Good list (y)
We've decided to talk to Hambilton this year and have some work done inside can't justify upholstery but quite a few other things in need of some attention. Not too bad considering the old gal is 13 years old still all original and used hard all year round.:)

OP
OP
JeanLuc

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
.... can't justify upholstery but quite a few other things in need of some attention. Not too bad considering the old gal is 13 years old still all original and used hard all year round.:)
We need to have the front seats recovered too - well the driver's seat really. The rest of the upholstery is perfect so it's hard to justify changing the lot. We are thinking of having just the swivel seats done in a toning leather. (Ours is 12 years old)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
A very handy list there Philip. (y)

I get my Hymer spares from Camper UK, Nr Lincoln (a Broonfools breakaway, family run business), as they still have contacts within Hymer. They also got me 2 x original ALKO rear handbrake cables, (Tandem axles) quicker and cheaper than ALKO could supply me, and guess what? Yes, they came from ALKO UK via Germany. :sneaky:

If having problems obtaining spares for Reich taps, etc, give Rick Gorton a shout at Reich UK on........
rick.gorton@reich-web.com
Tel (01543) 459243 or Fax (01543) 275929
He managed to help me with micro switches, when everyone else I enquired with just wanted to sell me a new tap. :mad: I also needed a replacement flipper for the kitchen tap, and as there were a few models to chose from, I sent a photo via email, and he phoned me to arrange payment and shipping. He is very helpful. (y)

I got my failing garage door gas struts replaced, by taking one to a reputable Motor Factor near us, who matched it for type and pressure, and ordered two for about a third of the price Hymer wanted for them. :eek: I collected them the next day. (y)

Many have been happy with the services of SGS for replacement gas struts, as John indicated above. You give them your Hymer model No and year, and they find the struts you need.

Cheers for now,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
JeanLuc

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Since my original post has brought forth several other useful Hymer-related contacts, I wonder whether leader Jim could arrange some system in the forum section on Hymer where we could put a list of useful tips that can be added to as time goes by? Does this have to be a 'sticky' post or should the list be in the resources section. Under the present system, the only options I can think of are either a long thread that will go out of sight unless 'sticky' (and may become somewhat rambling) or separate uploads by each contributor to the resources section. Is there a better way - Jim?
Obviously, the solution could be replicated for each motorhome make where enough Funsters have information to contribute.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I forgot to add, that if anyone needs parts for their Isringhausen swivel seats (ISRI) then TEK seating are a good source. They were at Melton Mowbray when I used them, but their website now shows them at Tunbridge Wells .

http://tekseating.co.uk/

Cheers,

Jock. :)

P.S. A good idea Philip. (y)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
@JeanLuc :So according to you which one should I contact to have a new kitchen Neon for my Hymer camp 51 (1991). the dealer when swapping the light for LED neon broke the glass bit. Also a window winder mechanism (driver side) please? I don't get all the differences between them all (except engine parts of course). Thank you

Amicalement

Frankie:)
Whoops ..Edit... the window winder must be a Fiat Ducato one. So Only the Neon glass bit is concerned

Last edited:
OP
OP
JeanLuc

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
@JeanLuc :So according to you which one should I contact to have a new kitchen Neon for my Hymer camp 51 (1991). the dealer when swapping the light for LED neon broke the glass bit. Also a window winder mechanism (driver side) please? I don't get all the differences between them all (except engine parts of course). Thank you

Amicalement

Frankie:)
Whoops ..Edit... the window winder must be a Fiat Ducato one. So Only the Neon glass bit is concerned
Dear Frankie,
I do not profess to be an expert on all things related to Hymer so forgive me if I cannot answer your question. Yours is a vintage Hymer (like JJ's) whereas mine is a relative youngster from 2003.
Obviously, yours did not have LED lights in originally. When you refer to 'neon', do you mean a tube light? If so, they are normally standard fluorescent tube lights, typically 8 watt or 13 watt. These are made by international brands such as Osram. If yours is the same as the later ones, the tube is a 230 volt model and the Hymer fitting contains an inverter that transforms 12V battery power into 230V alternating current.
You need to measure the length of the tube then have a look at this web page. The tubes are available from most electrical suppliers.
http://www.osram.co.uk/osram_uk/products/lamps/fluorescent-lamps/fluorescent-lamps-t8/index.jsp

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Dear Frankie,
I do not profess to be an expert on all things related to Hymer so forgive me if I cannot answer your question. Yours is a vintage Hymer (like JJ's) whereas mine is a relative youngster from 2003.
Obviously, yours did not have LED lights in originally. When you refer to 'neon', do you mean a tube light? If so, they are normally standard fluorescent tube lights, typically 8 watt or 13 watt. These are made by international brands such as Osram. If yours is the same as the later ones, the tube is a 230 volt model and the Hymer fitting contains an inverter that transforms 12V battery power into 230V alternating current.
You need to measure the length of the tube then have a look at this web page. The tubes are available from most electrical suppliers.
http://www.osram.co.uk/osram_uk/products/lamps/fluorescent-lamps/fluorescent-lamps-t8/index.jsp

In fact I do not need the tube light but the bit of glass which covers it. I have had the tube light just changed for a LED one so of course won't change again for a normal 8 or 13 watt now. Thing is they broke the glass bit when they swapped the original one for a LED one. Thanks anyway, I will ask them if they have it.

Vouty

Free Member
Oct 9, 2012
West midlands
Funster No
MH
hymer s630
Exp
New
Really useful list thanks :)

Still looking for a replacement hinge for our integrated bike rack (s class 1997) which has rusted away. The company I was given contact details for in the netherlands does not reply to e-mails or answer the phone in person.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Really useful list thanks :)

Still looking for a replacement hinge for our integrated bike rack (s class 1997) which has rusted away. The company I was given contact details for in the netherlands does not reply to e-mails or answer the phone in person.
When you do get the info Vouty, I'd be grateful for the "heads up" please. (Y)
I've just had to cut and remove the old sealant, and reseal all the way round on ours. :(

Cheers,

Jock.

Mar 29, 2015
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for this I'm sure it's going to be very useful (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back