Hymer sliding window security fix

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by mikekaren2, Mar 21, 2015.

1. mikekaren2

mikekaren2 Funster

While I have my Strikeback Growler alarm fitted, I thought that I would look for a more secure locking solution for my Hymer B644 sliding window that is better than the standard plastic catch. SWMBO needed a new rotary clothes line so I was dispatched to the supermarket & bought it. Now the old one has aluminum arms and I found that by removing the plastic end cap I could cut off the excess refit the end cap so it sits nicely in the sliding window frame, preventing the window opening even when the plastic catch is unlocked.
    I screwed a spring clip to the bulkhead of the gas locker (avoiding any plumbing on the gas side) so when not required it lives there nice and tidy.
    I do have 3 spare arms left, so if any Hymer Funsters want 1 pm me and you are welcome to have one all I ask is for the postage cost covered.
    See the photos attach.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Had something similar for a few years now nice thin strip of Ali just drops in the runner stops the wondow opening. Have a piece of wool tied around it to lift out works well.

3. phil bobin

phil bobin

thanks for info i have a threaded rod in my pilote

4. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Yep - I simply lodge a rod cut to length in the channel. Silver screens recommended doing this when I got the covers

5. phil bobin

phil bobin

have done same my pi lote