hymer shower tap

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by francour, May 22, 2012.

1. francour

francour Read Only Funster

Hi all any idear where i can get a shower tap for hymer 544 it is the blue mixer/shower tap the micro switch has stopped working in mine Thanks Bernie:Doh:

2. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Hi Bernie,

Try giving Rick Gorton at Reich UK a call or an email, explaining your problem, especially if you are struggling to find a dealer to supply you. :Wink::Wink::Wink:

A photo with the email will help him to identify the correct tap for you. He may be able to supply just the micro switch, if you are sure that is the actual defect within the tap.
    rick.gorton@reich-web.com
    Tel (01543) 459243

HTH,

Jock.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Bernie....give these a ring near between Hull & Beverly... East Yorkshire
    They do post....I have been many times it is like ALADDIN'S CAVE with parts of all types
    http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/ I will be very surprised if they do not have one...they buy surplus motorhomes/ caravans parts from all over, they even now supply manufactures that have got rid of oldish stock to save on storage...a lot off the parts used are on most European makes. Do not take it what he has on the web site is all they have on stock .....believe me it is vast amount of
    stock when you get there.....cataloging would take him years.

In fact Bernie have a run out to the coast and call on them they are not that far from you at PONTEFRACT..when you see the shop front you think Mmmmm not very big then go inside....stock everywhere upstairs downstairs all around your feet...

Bernie is it possible to put a photo on off the tap in Question...this may others to help you.

Mel:thumb:

Last edited: May 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

5. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Some of there stock have peoples names and address's on that the manufactures should have posted to customers.... some will still waiting for there parts, but the manufactures have sold them to O'Leary..for space required for new models.Ups! or they have gone belly up bust.:Eeek:

Mel

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ash

Ash Trader - Service & Repairs Life Member

why not get rid of your micro switches... and put a grooved pressure switch in there place :thumb: then you will not have to buy a new tap:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Johnnie Gee

Johnnie Gee Read Only Funster

Shower tap

Hi Bernie,
    I had a similar problem with the kitchen tap on my 624!:cry:

They are normally made by reich, but you don't need to buy the whole tap, they can cost about £70:Eeek:

If it is like the tap I stripped down, just unscrew the on off selector handle and pull off the outer cover.

With that off you will see a small screw, take that out, pull the plastic module out and you have the microswitch.

The wires go through the tap by the hose connections, I tried to pull them through and they were a bit sticky, so I went for the easier option and cut the wires shorter on the new switch and soldered them on to the original wiring, remembering to put some shrink sleeving on to the joints, to prevent them shorting together
    The microswitch cost about a tenner from anyone selling reich taps, or go to brownhills as a last resort.

Hope this helps

JJG

• Like Like x 1
  8. JockandRita

Please tell me more Steve..........or wait until we get together over a beer at Stratford. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

9. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi Jock

all explained here ..http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/whale-whale-pressure-switch-caravanning-accessory-p125706

however, I have one in the caravan and find it tricky to set up .. too low, the pump doesn't stop, .. too high and it doesn't cut in.. then after a lot of fiddling you get it just right .. but a couple of days later, your fiddling again .. :Doh:

The reason for this is that the speed and consequently the output pressure from a submersible pump changes with the battery voltage .. Personally I would get rid of the micro switches and change the submersible pump for a Shurflo or similar.. :thumb:

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  10. JockandRita

Thanks for the link Jim. :thumb:

I had one in the Coachman caravan, and the thing was a right pain in the a##e, for the very same reasons you've detailed above Jim.

Steve, it's not for me. I'll stick to my micro switches thanks, but we'll still have that beer, eh? :Wink:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

11. Ash

Ash Trader - Service & Repairs Life Member

Hi Jock I will bring one with me to Stratford and show you how it works ...:thumb: