Hymer S700 Headlight Bulb Replacement (1 Viewer)

andycotterell

Free Member
Apr 13, 2009
Europe-wide
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me how to change headlight bulbs on a Hymer S700?

Access is terrible so I'd really like to know what I should be pushing / pulling / twisting so that I can apply whatever force is needed. I'll keep trying to work it out (need to hit the road tomorrow morning) but any hints would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

May 22, 2008
Funster No
hymer headlight bulbs are a nightmare, I had one go on my 2003 B694 and had to get at it by removing the lining in the wheel arch and lying on my back under the van working by feel,hope yours is easier than mine was :shout::shout::shout::shout:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
andycotterell

andycotterell

Free Member
Apr 13, 2009
Europe-wide
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
hymer headlight bulbs are a nightmare, I had one go on my 2003 B694 and had to get at it by removing the lining in the wheel arch and lying on my back under the van working by feel,hope yours is easier than mine was :shout::shout::shout::shout:

Do you recall what the actual mechanism was for getting the bulb out? I've got the end cap off but can't tell what to do next. Is there a spring clip? Screws?

captmike

Free Member
Nov 26, 2008
Cambs & S. Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Do a search on MHfacts. I know somewhere there there's a post with full instructions and photos. I think under Hymer.

Mike

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Yes mine had ,has the standard pinch clips, you just squeeze them together to remove, as I said it was all done by feel and was a right b''''''''''r ,Can you get at one of the other lights and do a dummy run ? The electrical contact was one pin , after removal of the rubber cover, or partial removal you can feel the contact block and un- plug it ,good luck.:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
andycotterell

andycotterell

Free Member
Apr 13, 2009
Europe-wide
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Do a search on MHfacts. I know somewhere there there's a post with full instructions and photos. I think under Hymer.

Mike

Already tried that but could only find a thread (with photos) that ended, unresolved, at the same point that I've reached.

OP
OP
andycotterell

andycotterell

Free Member
Apr 13, 2009
Europe-wide
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Yes mine had ,has the standard pinch clips, you just squeeze them together to remove, as I said it was all done by feel and was a right b''''''''''r ,Can you get at one of the other lights and do a dummy run ? The electrical contact was one pin , after removal of the rubber cover, or partial removal you can feel the contact block and un- plug it ,good luck.:thumb::thumb:

Thanks. I shall proceed on the assumption that there's a pinch-clip. That'll be a nice job at 6am tomorrow morning before I set off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back