Hymer roof rack

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by Phil56, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Phil56

Phil56 Read Only Funster

Hi. I've got a Hymer B654 with a fitted roof rack - but no cross bars; so pretty useless. Does anyone know where I can buy cross bars to fit? The rails are grooved so it looks as though the bars would have to be Hymer specific in order to fit. But that said, maybe bog standard Halford bars could be made to work. Anyone any suggestions, please? Better still - anyone got some bars for sale?!
    Thanks.
    Phil

2. Phil56

Phil56 Read Only Funster

I was worried this might have been a dumb question - but with 56 views and no suggestions - maybe not so straight forward after all? Or maybe just too stupid for anyone to consider worth answering!

3. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

I suspect you would be best placed to try and get cross-bars made by the same company as the rails. Do you know what make the roof rails are? If original equipment, Hymer often fitted Omni accessories (as in Omni step and the Omni Hymer rear bike rack). Unfortunately, Omni was bought by Thule and I cannot see any roof bars listed in their motorhome accessories page. Alternatively, it might be a Fiamma system, in which case I suggest a call to John Cross Motorhomes (trade Funster).

4. beacons

beacons Funster

Why not have a look at your local scrap / auction yard alot of vans with roof fixtures also check with anyone who welds repairs
    we did got some bars and he adapted them
    rather than order new not cheap but cheaper.

5. beacons

beacons Funster

Sorry never said we have a hymer bought bars from preloved used. Hope some help to you.