LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We need to re -seal the roof light on our B564. It looks like it may be possible to just take the outer upstand that fixes to the roof off without affecting the rest of the unit. Has anyone ever done it? We've been trying to get an exploded diagram to see if it's possible to do it without removing the underneath part, including winder mechanism.

@Terry is this anything you've done?

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
From memory, I think the internal trims cover the fixing screws, which screw up into the outer unit, so in theory, you may be able to remove the screws, and lift the outer of, but the "used" sealant will need to be removed before resealing, and I'm not sure the internal unit will remain in place with no fixing.

I had to have the "bedroom" light resealed in our Hymer, and it as a total removal, clean up and reseal.

Just reread your post, if you are referring to the large lounge hecki, its a complete removal and refix.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We need to re -seal the roof light on our B564. It looks like it may be possible to just take the outer upstand that fixes to the roof off without affecting the rest of the unit. Has anyone ever done it? We've been trying to get an exploded diagram to see if it's possible to do it without removing the underneath part, including winder mechanism.

@Terry is this anything you've done?
No probs
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Ours failed a few weeks back. We didn't do it ourselves as we are on Peter Hambiltons doorstep (but still had to wait till he could fit us in as he's extremely busy). Our van is 11 years old and he said that he could just lift the roof light off as it was so bad. Maybe a call to him could give you some advice?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back