Free Member
Jan 17, 2012
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi. Just replaced my old leisure battery with a new one. Previously when on EHU the power indicator light on the panel was constantly on, now since I changed the battery it flickers on and off. Is this correct, or should the light be constantly on when on EHU? It's on a 12 year old Hymer B544. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The light should be on all the time the 230V line is connected and the main circuit-breaker switch is on. I have no idea why yours might be flickering; I suggest a visit to a motorhome electrician is called for. Alternatively, you could try an e-mail to Udo Lang at Schaudt, the company that makes the charging and control system. He is very helpful and speaks good English. He might be able to suggest what is causing the problem.
Udo.Lang@schaudt-gmbh.de

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Loose wire or a bad connection. I would check the battery connection first, as it may be that the charger is finding a break in the circuit - you need a sparks to have a look at it really, but check the battery connections first to ensure the charge circuit is solid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back