Hymer Plastic Hose Clips.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by wildcamper, Jul 28, 2007.

1. wildcamper

wildcamper Read Only Funster

We know many of you haven't got a Hymer on here :Laughing::Laughing: but i'm sure many will be along soon.
    Right here we go the tale of woe,,,Thought we were doing good replacing the water pump because of lack of pressure at taps & toilet,,,So we purchased a sureflow water pump,,, Wife goes to clean van out (after me messing it up) and when I went out theres water running out everywhere underneath the van,,,Panick set it, wife crying :Eek!:
    Couldn't figure out were it was coming from as it was coming from every nuck & cranny.
    After some investigation you could hear the water hissing out the pipes,,,so out came the oven & grill,,,and guess what we found,,,the pressure of the water had burst nearly all the plastic hose clips :Mad:
    So the moral of this story is for anyone who has a MH with plastic hose clips (especially Hymer) be prepared to change all plastic clips about 20 in all for metal ones.:BigGrin:
    K&D.

2. Romatone

Romatone Read Only Funster

Re plastic hose clips

Sorry .....how old is your Hymer. It will be interesting to see how many have had the same prob,

Romatone

3. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Hmm... a 2007 thread - hope he's dried out by now!

And our '91 - all metal clips :thumb:

4. Terence

Terence Read Only Funster

Hymer water hose plastic clips

Hi,

Very sorry to hear about your problem. We have a 25 year old Hymer and have never had a broken clip. Which leads me to think you could have either a friction problem (rubbing against something) caused by vibration or water has been left in the line during winter at some time and the expansion has caused them to crack. We have motor homed for many years and know a lot of people with vans and I have never come across this occurance. Hopefully you can sort it out OK.

Terence