Hymer Or Carthago? (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
That is because you have LHD headlamps adjusted to straight dipping so your van is not a true RHD.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Are you saying that Carthago are selling vans in the UK that are not UK legal? :(

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Under the mutual recognition scheme for imported vehicles it is acceptable to change the headlamps to flat dipping from LHD headlamps providing it is an original feature of the vehicle. They are legal but they are still LHD headlamps.
So now you know that you can adjust them for the correct pattern when you go abroad.:)

OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Robert, if you had purchased in Germany you have received a bottle of Strawbery Hock and a bunch of Eldelweiss.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I didn't get any flowers, but did get a bottle of Jahrgangssekt, and it says 'Trocken' on the bottle, so not expecting it to be sweet and nasty.
We're saving it for our first trip out, once we've registered.

One serious warning I would give to anyone thinking of importing a van, however, is in relation to changing the speedo. I broke a nail:cry:! Is there no end to the hassle I must endure, all for the sake of saving £20,000? :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Managed to open that link to exsis 474 this morning...boy these uk dealers need to go on a training course! Description and spec of van completely inacurate ( can't read a brochure?) plus £20 k more for a steering wheel on the wrong side....do me a favour!lol:)

Now that Mrs M not so keen on the transverse bed the 474 with twin singles and still a resonable length @ 6.55 looking favorite. Its £10,000 less then i138 as well.(my inital quote on I 138 was better latest not so good:() seems humer have the edge on price and probably good enough for us. Will get it in silver though.

Will report back on other thread when I finalise spec and get price and a true comparison.

have been helping people import for years. This year at least 8, not one has been dissatisfied with the result.. Have assisted a few on here as well who are over the moon with the savings they have made! instead of lining the pockets of these greedy uk dealers. Prices are coming down but I will never pay a premium to anyone when I can get a £40 easy jet flight and be home the same day if necessery with a new van..to many its a no brainer and will remain so until market parity achieved...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back