Hymer main sink tap

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Johnnie Gee, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Johnnie Gee

Johnnie Gee Read Only Funster

Went into our 624 to check things over and found the pipe coming from the tap had been pushed out by frost.
    I removes the tap which wasn't easy, and found that there is a small grub screw at the back of the tap body, this allows a small plastic locating dowel to be retracted.so the pipe can be reinserted. ( so I didn't need to take the tap out in the first place.)
    On my first trip away this year the tap stopped working, or should I say there was very little water coming out from either circuit. I checked the microswitch by shorting the two leads to the pump and the pump started which indicated that the microswitch had thrown its hand in:Doh:
    I was at Camac Valley site in Dublin at the time, and had plenty of time on my hands so I went in search of the nearest motorhome repair shop which turned out to be about 20k's away.
    It was a bugger to find but the guy was very friendly and helpful..even gave me a second hand microswitch for free, showed me an easier way to do the repair.
    The tap isn't in the best of nick and I need to replace it really, does anyone know of a supplier for these taps as I'll need a second mortgage if I go to brownhills:Eeek:

JJG

2. John & Joan

John & Joan Funster

The wire for the microswitch comes up through the tap and as it is swivelled this can wear or break the wire.

It is possible to strip the tap and replace the microswitch. Peter Hambilton at Preston replaced our tap as he said it was more cost effective to replace the tap than spend the time (labour charge) stripping it and rebuilding it.

Our tap was available from a motorhome parts place in Yorkshire but I cannot find the link. I believe it was something like leisure Products.

John

3. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Blimey thats a bit naughty microswitches are dirt cheap and easy to fit (even I can do it in 15 mins) see link;
    http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/caravan/water/Reich_Taps/Microswitches_for_Reich_Taps.aspx
    Used this company several times very good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

5. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Hymer fit Reich taps. I think this is the one used in the early-mid 2000s:
    http://rk-reich.com/product_info.ph....html&XTCsid=1504ba14df64ccb8147790784ee2d578

Perhaps call Reich (contact details on their website) and ask where you can get the switch.

Alternatively, contact Marcle Leisure (same tap shown) they are knowledgable and may stock the parts.
    http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/store/kama-julia-single-lever-mixer-p-4077.html?cPath=358

p.s. just looked at the JC posting and I think the second one down at £69.99 is the one you want.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012