Free Member
Oct 20, 2016
suffolk
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
Since 2016
Help! My b546 A class 2002 Hymer developed an electrical fault in Scotland. First of all the full rear light cluster came on when braking. Then the front indicator came on whilst braking. Then the Speedo cluster lights went off but came on when brake pedal depressed. They also came on and off with the nearside indicators. I've taken it to an electrical engineer who came highly recommended and I think he's struggling to find the cause of the fault. Rear nearside lights now won't come on at all or Speedo cluster bulbs.
Any ideas gratefully received!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Agree it is an earth fault but I would check the main engine-to-chassis earth strap first. By 'check' I mean bypass it with a jump lead because faulty earth connections are rarely visible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
99% of electrical faults are caused by bad earths. This is a 14 year old vehicle, the only surprise is it took so long for the fault to occur. I'd start with the earth connections to the rear light clusters.

D.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
richard wright

richard wright

Free Member
Oct 20, 2016
suffolk
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
Since 2016
Yes he does indeed although he's still got to locate the bad earth which he said is made harder as it's a Hymer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back