Hymer Kitchen tap micro switch. (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Has anybody managed to source a replacement for the micro switch in the Hymer tap. It has 1105 on it. It has fixed wires one of which was nearly cut through by the mechanism but the internal connection seems to be faulty as well. Sorry no photo, I can't get enough contrast with the iPad. Will try the camera later when I go in so I can use the PC to attach it. Thanks for any help. We can manage for a while as I have put a switch in the drawer so we can over-ride the tap switch. The pressurised system seems so much better than these switches.
Steve

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I thoght one of mine was faulty, until I checked out where it connected to the block under the sink. Cleaned the push in bullet connectors, works fine now. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Sorry but i cant find where i bought mine , might be a post on here if you search. You might try googling " omron d2hw" and look for the omron site. You can then download a pdf which gives details and measurements of the switch. You are looking for a d2hw wired plunger switch. After finding which one they are probably on ebay for a fiver ish, or try rs components or farnells. You might have to cut protrusion on side of switch off. On mine it had protrusions both sides i only needed them on one side. As usual if it doesnt have motorhome on it yoy save 50%........

Jul 23, 2012
Kingswinford & 86230
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890
Exp
Since 2012
Bought mine from RS Components, can't remember how much.
I'm sure there has been a couple of threads on here about this problem

jimmy burstner

Free Member
Mar 3, 2014
munster ireland
Funster No
MH
picking it up tomorrow
Exp
i,m a newbie
i thought mine was broken as well but turned out it was the connectors too , re terminated the wires and all good ,
disconnect the two wires coming from the tap and check it with a multimeter if you have one .check on ohms scale for closed circuit when tap operated and open circuit when closed , hope this helps

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Some are Micro Microswitch, some are Microswitches. I got the wrong size. Bathroom sink and shower one size, kitchen much smaller. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks for all the suggestions and the actual part numbe @SandraL I can't believe the Motorhome dealers selling for £12 to £15 plus postage which to France is around £8 for a tiny item, something that casts about £1.50.
But with the actual part number I can order from RS for a sensible price.
Sorry for the delay in replying.
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back