Hymer/Fiat Ducato headlights

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by reynardracer, Sep 23, 2015.

1. reynardracer

reynardracer Funster

Just driven my Hymer in the dark and OMG where are the headlights. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to re-align the headlights. Model is 2000 Hymer B644.

Thanks
    Peter

2. Figaro

Figaro Funster

The headlights are the round glass things on the front, try switching them on before thing about re-alignment !

• Like Like x 2
  3. reynardracer

reynardracer Funster

Very funny (not)

4. Figaro

Figaro Funster

Well, explain a little more fully, do they not work at all, do they work but point skyward, or can`t you find the on / off switch ?
    Driving in the dark with no lights not recommended

5. reynardracer

reynardracer Funster

They were on but may have well not been. Previous owner mentioned that they could be reset for LHD but having just passed an MOT I must assume that they were aligned correctly. Right hand side just seemed to point at the ground. High beam, inside ones were OK, but low beam were dreadful.

6. Figaro

Figaro Funster

I`m sure the techies will be along to give some advice, strange it passed the MOT if they are as bad as you describe.
    What sort of lights are they, the four small round type, hella I think they are called, stand to be corrected.

7. reynardracer

reynardracer Funster

Yes they are the four small round ones.

8. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Even on a lh alignment the lights should still be bright. You may have an alternator charging problem.

9. Bejay

Bejay Read Only Funster

Slightly off topic, but just had MOT for my Fiat and all ok but for a 'Fail' because of too low head beam! :mad: Then on reverse of print- out a 'Pass' after the lights had been adjusted from inside the cab by the tester with the toggle provided! :confused: My van is nose down and I had arrived for the test with none of the usual weight at rear to bring the lights up. Apparantly testers are not allowed to adjust the lights whilst under test and have to register a 'Fail' after which they can adjust accordingly.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Off this weekend to Cornwall :cool: so after loading up I will have to re-adjust my headlamps! :rolleyes:

10. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

changing LHD to RHD orientation is a case of rotating the bulb holder assembly behind the light. It is possible to slacken the screws just enough to allow rotation, but its so difficult accessing the screws that often owners leave them just tight enough. maybe the bulbs are between positions? either way they should be bright. check the bulbs are not old and dimming or even failed and that the alternator is charging well

11. reynardracer

reynardracer Funster

This sounds the most plausible reason. I will have to check out the position of the bulb holder. Thanks for the help.

12. Manic

Manic Funster

I had a problem with one of my dipped beam lights keep pointing to the ground (I could tell when it had moved because it didn't look right in the body), it was coming off its ball joint mounting. I secured it with the old faithful cable tie, I will see if I can get a picture later.