Free Member
Apr 22, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
10 years.
Hi everyone. I have a 2003 Hymer on a fiat Ducati 2.8jtd. I had a battery problem last year and used jump leads to start the van. Apparently this is a big no-no. Anyway, the abs light has been on ever since. It will fail it's MOT if I don't sort this. The trouble is I can't find the abs ecu to remove and get repaired or replaced. I had a garage do a diagnostic test and they said the ecu was receiving information but not relaying it. If there is anyone out there who can help me to locate this part I will be grateful.
Thanks in advance.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
I don't see how using jump leads would have caused the problem or why it is a no no. All you're doing is connecting another battery to the battery terminals (or actually the positive terminal and an earth point). Sorry can't help with your problem though.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I have just had the instrument display changed under warranty on my 2014 Peugeot Boxer, ABS and Fuel filter lights came on when cruise control switched on. Known fault on Ducato / Boxer vans. Garage said its because of corroded contacts, but that may be just BS on their part. The bill (which Peugeot picked up) was £627 + Vat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Andy62

Andy62

Free Member
Apr 22, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
10 years.
the technician who diagnosed the problem said a new ABS ECU was £1700. Gulp. If I could find it I'd send it off for repair. Not sure if he was trying to fool me.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Perhaps not related, I recently changed the battery on my VW Golf, a consequence was the abs light staying on.
I Googled for some clues, all the answers pointed to a failed abs sensor.
Garage confirmed my fears, cost was about £400 all in, apparently abs sensors had recently doubled in price (again confirmed by some Googling).

Maybe the figures being banded around are ball park... when I hear of cars a few years old being scrapped because of failed sensors (and the cost of replacement) it doesn't surprise me...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back