Hymer Exsis Sliding Window (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
On my motorhome I have a sliding window just behind the drivers door,and I need to be able to fit an addtional lock to this, last weeek a breakdown company had to break in because all my keys was stolen, he just leverd the window, poked a through a wire and pulled the handle on the sliding window, and then it opened,he then put his hand around to the drivers door and pulled the tab up on top of the door and all the doors then unlocked, so i want to fit an aditional lock, problem is the sliding track and window are on the outside ! has anyone go any idea's

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I would of thought that a sliding patio door lock could be adapted to fit. Before we changed for french doors, our previous slider was insecure so I fitted a lock made by chub that just pushed in to latch and was secured by antitamper (non removable) screws

Sliding bookcase locks are far too weak to use on a vehicle

a photo of the orriginal catch would be a help as this may give options

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Normal solution is a length of dowel or a strip of aluminium rod that sits in the channel in front of the rear sliding glass. It buts against the front of the frame and then the window cannot be slid forward.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I agree with Jean Luc I had the same arrangement on my Hymer B544,cheap and cheerful and worked,just make sure you take your keys with you next time!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back