Hymer Exsis i 578-? Table Lamp Socket (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Hi, excuse daft question.

In our LHD import there's a covered recessed small 2 round pin socket on the right side underneath the cabinet of the twin/double bed.

In the ads I've seen a table lamp on the wood in between when the beds are set up as 2 singles.

I guess it's 240v, but if anyone can shed any light on what sort of lamp might fit I'd be very grateful-have no electrical knowledge as you may have guessed by my question!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, have they changed the other sockets to UK 3 pin, you could change the 2 pin if it was easier or get an adaptor.Bob
Schuko_plug_and_socket.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DrRogerRam
Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Hi,
Thanks Tony & Bob. I think it must be the European socket-I've got a 2 pin to 3 pin adaptor similar to the one in the photo I'll try that.

Our motorhome has been little used. However, since we'll be full-timing from 1 September for an seemingly indeterminate period until my broken leg is healed I really want to get to know her! There are 2 flat boards underneath the two single beds that protect the side windows. Tried the bed yesterday cross-ways instead of length-ways & found there was more room. With a fold-up wooden section over the steps it makes a huge double but that necessitates a ladder & I'm not sure I'm up for that....yet!

Thanks again,

Roger

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Hymer used to fit CBE sockets and switches - perhaps your model has these too. If so, it is a relatively easy matter to change the internal unit - the frame and housing is common to all the fittings. Picture attached and supplier in the link.
Broken Link Removed
CBE 230V.jpg

And here is a link to the manufacturer's website. You can see all the options there (CBE rather than Berker range I suspect).
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DrRogerRam
Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Hi,
It's a 2012 import & the Euro plug is grey with a grey cover & not like either the Berker or CBE. I think, if need be I'll just use the 2 pin to 3 pin adapter.

Thanks,

Roger

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back