Hymer Exsis i 562 (1 Viewer)

Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
has anybody on here got one of the newer Hymer Exsis i ? I may be interested in buying a used (2008) one but its a long way away, im concerned about the level of winterisation as we want to use it for ski trips etc, i dont think they have the double floor like other Hymers? can anyone tell me anything about the tanks where situated etc? Before i travel i want to know it will be ideal.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The new Exsis has only been produced since 2012. A 2008 will be the old one on the Ford chassis.
We have 2014 Exsis I 678, generally very pleased with,do find rear axle loading a bit tight, next time we change will go for the 4250 kg chassis.
My one is fully winteristed tanks are in insulated heated boxes under the floor, in the older version I think the water tank is inboard and waste is in underslung heated insulated box.
All modern Hymers are fully winterized.

OP
OP
Scottyboy
Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
Thanks Lenny, yes it is on the ford chassis, thats not a bad thing is it? , i did think it would be winterised, how do you find the narrower width with regards to the interior space?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Thanks Lenny, yes it is on the ford chassis, thats not a bad thing is it? , i did think it would be winterised, how do you find the narrower width with regards to the interior space?
Don't really notice the difference in width inside. The Ford based ones do seem a bit more cramped inside, they don't have many layout variations, not enough to worry about.
A few inches narrower does make driving a lot eaiser.
Do carefully check you are OK with the driving position the earlier Ford ones didn't have an adjustable steering column and with swivel seats being higher easy to get neck ache.

OP
OP
Scottyboy
Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
One last thing lenny, how do you find the overcab bed, looking at the pictures it looks like it drops down then slides forwards? Is it wide enough to be comfy for two adults?

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
One last thing lenny, how do you find the overcab bed, looking at the pictures it looks like it drops down then slides forwards? Is it wide enough to be comfy for two adults?
Don't know about the Ford version, but on the odd occasion we have used ours it is very comfortable it is 4'8" wide, the Ford one may be a bit narrower as the front of the van is more sloping.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We have an Exsis I 578 2016 model, the drop down bed just drops down onto two pillar pads above the sofa. It comes quite low although you still need a ladder. The bed is really comfy, we just have the standard bed option it feels plenty wide enough 188x150.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Our drop down bed in our hymer is great
like you we wondered ours is a 1995 b564.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We ruled out the ford based exsis as it seemed cramped inside. Not sure if the Fiat one is actually wider, but the lounge area definitely feels bigger. Still nice and narrow to drive though + fits on same parking space as our old fiat x250 panel van conversion.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

The Fiat is much better....:censored:

Dec 9, 2013
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
We have the Hymer Exsis 562 Silverline we have had it nearly a year and we really like it. Winterisation - the fresh water tank is under the seat box with a blow air piping duct running at the side of it there are 6 outlets for blown air heating plus 1 in garage. It is a 6e kw heater. After the drop down bed is lowered it can be extended by pushing a button and it slides further out with a mattress to enable you to sleep long ways so no need to climb over each other. The table is not fixed so more room. This is on a Ford engine - no problems at all. No juddergate or water in the engine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back