Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
has anyone had there cab sound proofed on an A class, did it make the engine noise much better?

being used to a rear pusher its taking some getting used to this engine in front of me!

patrick

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Haaaahaa you have been spoiled with an engine 32 feet behind you :ROFLMAO: Welcome to the world of "Pullers"

I said... WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF PULLERS::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Haaaahaa you have been spoiled with an engine 32 feet behind you :ROFLMAO: Welcome to the world of "Pullers"

I said... WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF PULLERS::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:....

Turn the radio up ..

From a PUSHER man :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
patrick, you can buy sound proofing but that is from what I have heard not too effective. Like said turn the radio up and if that dont work sing louder.:ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hears some really cheap soundproofers.......work with any vehicle...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
^^^^ ooops, no pun intended.

Link Removed

Last edited:

Andrew and Shirley

Free Member
Nov 1, 2008
Alfaz Del Pi Spain
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Many
Hymer 644 Noisekiller

I am about to install some on my Hymer 644 bought from Noisekiller - seems simple enough to install but I am putting in both side of the front dash area and coupled with an engine cover.

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Engine Sound Proofing

Following purchase of an "A" Class 2.8JTD I complained about Turbo Noise to dealer and eventually they fitted noise killer matting. (Noise was a sort of gurgling when pulling uphill)
Matting was fitted to engine cover and floor of cab area, underside of dashboard sited over engine and in addition an engine apron which is suspended at rear of engine itself. I can`t really say I would be overly keen to have to pay for it myself, it might reduce noise a little but you are`nt suddenly going to go into raptures about how quiet it is, the Turbo still gurgled! We also found Tyre Noise to be quite high. We now have an X250 which makes the older 2.8JTD sound like a farm vehicle.

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Turbo Noise

Just to put anyone`s mind at rest about Turbo`s following Paapjohns comment (beware those whose sole aim in life is to make negative comments on these Forums) our van ran for five years with no engine problems other than the noise pulling hard uphill. I have owned a Chrysler where the Turbo whistled under load and I gather some Turbo`s do make a noise.

OP
OP
Patrick

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Following purchase of an "A" Class 2.8JTD I complained about Turbo Noise to dealer and eventually they fitted noise killer matting. (Noise was a sort of gurgling when pulling uphill)
Matting was fitted to engine cover and floor of cab area, underside of dashboard sited over engine and in addition an engine apron which is suspended at rear of engine itself. I can`t really say I would be overly keen to have to pay for it myself, it might reduce noise a little but you are`nt suddenly going to go into raptures about how quiet it is, the Turbo still gurgled! We also found Tyre Noise to be quite high. We now have an X250 which makes the older 2.8JTD sound like a farm vehicle.

What's an X250 then?

I have had the noise killer fitted and its made a big differance, they fitted it and put it on the wheel arches, I noticed it made the whole journy home much better!

Patrick

OP
OP
Patrick

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
I am about to install some on my Hymer 644 bought from Noisekiller - seems simple enough to install but I am putting in both side of the front dash area and coupled with an engine cover.

I had it done yesterday, took the van to Oldham and paid the extra for them to fit it all, it has made a big differanc for me! It was a much better drive home!

RickB

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
south devon uk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
four years+
Just to put anyone`s mind at rest about Turbo`s following Paapjohns comment (beware those whose sole aim in life is to make negative comments on these Forums) our van ran for five years with no engine problems other than the noise pulling hard uphill. I have owned a Chrysler where the Turbo whistled under load and I gather some Turbo`s do make a noise.

I don't wish to be viewed as a 'negative' contributor to the forum but on this one I'm in agreement with Paapjohn.
I used to drive a turbo diesel car, the turbo started whistling and i ignored it, drove it around for weeks with no problem then one day driving along a duel carriageway all this black smoke appeared behind me, better stop then , foot off accelerator, no change the car is still pulling away, panic stations :shout: I'm going down an incline towards a traffic light controlled roundabout under the M5 in a car that won't stop.
Clutch in emergency stop on verge, engine racing, turn off ignition, no effect engine still racing thick black smoke everywhere, hand brake on foot brake on first gear clutch straight up, that stopped it.
The oil seal on the turbo had broken down and the engine was running on the sump oil, the outcome of my ignoring the noisy turbo was a complete new turbo and a short engine.
Morel of story if you have a noisy turbo get someone whok nows what they are doing to check it out.
I'm normally a very positive person,::bigsmile: honestly
RickB

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back