Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Got on site yesterday and had smoke coming from under the password seat. When I shut off the engine the smoke stopped. Everything is working okay just have a burnt smell from the electroblock, I thought the alternator might be overcharging but when I checked it was 13.5 V. It's under warranty so hopefully they will sort it.
Regards
Tom

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I wonder what happened?
Will be interested on your response.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
I would be concerned about driving it furthur. If smoke is present fire may not be far behind. If it stopped when engine did there is good chance it may smoke when engine started again.
Time to investigate before driving.
Sometimes the fridge feed burns out wiring or pins on the electroblock due to high current 12 volt operation of fridge use.
If that were the case you could turn fridge off for return journey.
If you post elektroblock model perhaps someone may tell you which plug and pin fridge is on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Norfolk Nomad

Norfolk Nomad

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Just a quick update, left the fridge off on the journey home and had no further problems. Spoke with the manager of the dealership today, they are picking it up tomorrow and taking it back to their workshop to rectify. Hopefully should be ready by the Mayday weekend.

OP
OP
Norfolk Nomad

Norfolk Nomad

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Motorhome returned yesterday and all is good, some pins on the front of the electroblock unit had burnt out. These have been replaced and is now working fine. The service I received from Marquis Leisure at Ipswich was great, they picked it up, fixed the problem and returned it. Well done to Gavin Driver(general manager) and Paul Brown(service manager). Job well done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back