Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
I hooked up my hymer b584 to day for the 1st time no hook up cable came with van and had to get one.
there is not any direct sockets which run off the 230v mains Can any hymer owner or anyone familiar with hymers please tell me if this is normal I have 2x 3pin sockets in the hab area but they are wired up to the invertor and will only have power when the 12v circult is on. thanks in advance

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
What year? LHD or RHD?
If LHD, is there not a continental round 2 pin socket over the sink/cooker area?
VMax

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
what year? Lhd or rhd?
If lhd, is there not a continental round 2 pin socket over the sink/cooker area?
Vmax

lhd 2003 just had a look outside there is a black cover under the light above the sink under which a continental 2pin sdocket

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
A 2003 vintage will probably have 230V sockets in the following places: above the sink / cooker (fitted horizontally near the light fitting), in the TV cabinet (if fitted) and somewhere in the lounge area. They will be continental fittings if the van was not for the UK market and has not since been converted. I expect the fittings will be modular and made by an Italian company called CBE. Each socket has a hinged cover plate. You can get replacement inserts to UK 13 amp specification from Marcle Leisure and CakTanks of Kenilworth - probably other suppliers too. See below.

If you decide to change them, I strongly recommend testing the polarity with a multi-meter as the conventional brown=live, blue=neutral wiring may not have been adhered to.

Philip

>> Link Removeds <<

Upvote 0

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
You can just use a continental adaptor to check. As Jeanluc says should be one in the TV cabinet, also a 12v DIN socket in thereas well.
VMax

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back