hymer electric

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by 1948, Mar 1, 2010.

1. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

I hooked up my hymer b584 to day for the 1st time no hook up cable came with van and had to get one.
    there is not any direct sockets which run off the 230v mains Can any hymer owner or anyone familiar with hymers please tell me if this is normal I have 2x 3pin sockets in the hab area but they are wired up to the invertor and will only have power when the 12v circult is on. thanks in advance

2. VMax666

VMax666 Read Only Funster

What year? LHD or RHD?
    If LHD, is there not a continental round 2 pin socket over the sink/cooker area?
    VMax

3. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

lhd 2003 just had a look outside there is a black cover under the light above the sink under which a continental 2pin sdocket

4. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

A 2003 vintage will probably have 230V sockets in the following places: above the sink / cooker (fitted horizontally near the light fitting), in the TV cabinet (if fitted) and somewhere in the lounge area. They will be continental fittings if the van was not for the UK market and has not since been converted. I expect the fittings will be modular and made by an Italian company called CBE. Each socket has a hinged cover plate. You can get replacement inserts to UK 13 amp specification from Marcle Leisure and CakTanks of Kenilworth - probably other suppliers too. See below.

If you decide to change them, I strongly recommend testing the polarity with a multi-meter as the conventional brown=live, blue=neutral wiring may not have been adhered to.

Philip

>> Marcle CBE Fittings <<

5. VMax666

VMax666 Read Only Funster

You can just use a continental adaptor to check. As Jeanluc says should be one in the TV cabinet, also a 12v DIN socket in thereas well.
    VMax